Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    this'll actually be my first time reading Taylor
    The Godsend knocked me over. I think you're going to love it.
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Jonathan Carroll's The Crows Dinner came in today, read a few pieces already, Jack's Last Christmas Tree, Saved by the Invisibles, The Beauty of Long Conversations, I think I'm going to really like the book, great writing in short, powerful bursts. Makes you think.
      IMG_0799.jpg

Comment

Like Ron, I couldn't pass the set up for $99. Admittedly, I don't know who Bernard Taylor is, but CP does such a good job, and the price was beyond right. The books sounded interesting (a few recent-ish CP releases have sounded interesting so I've picked them up.)

I've been debating about the Bernard Taylor books. I really should just pull the trigger. I find that with Centipede Press, I wind up passing more than buying and almost always tend to regret it.[/QUOTE]

Comment

My latest purchase is the magazine Birth, Movies, Death put out by Mondotees.com. The current issue is all Stephen King movies. I can't recommend this publication enough. I will get some pictures posted this weekend.

https://mondotees.com/collections/bi...ephen-king-bmd
          Last edited by Martin; 09-15-2017, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
            Jonathan Carroll's The Crows Dinner came in today, read a few pieces already, Jack's Last Christmas Tree, Saved by the Invisibles, The Beauty of Long Conversations, I think I'm going to really like the book, great writing in short, powerful bursts. Makes you think.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]20032[/ATTACH]
            I've been giving this one some serious thought...you might have pushed me over the edge.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

It's a good book, reasonably priced, I don't think you'll be disappointed. After reading Land of Laughs and now, some of this, I hope someone reprints his other titles.

" I’m really enjoying Jonathan Carroll’s, The Crow’s Dinner. A few months ago, I read Carroll’s Land of Laughs and it was fantastic. Carroll often writes what’s called magical realism, so right up my alley. However, Crow’s Dinner is just, I don’t know, magical. It’s a collection of autobiographical snippets about Carroll and his observations on life. Some entries are only a paragraph long, so far, nothing longer than a couple pages. And it’s a meandering book, one I can pick up and read wherever I want, table of contents be damned LOL. It’s a book full of hors devours that are so good, that you forget about the entrée!!"
              Last edited by mhatchett; 09-17-2017, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                Like Ron, I couldn't pass the set up for $99. Admittedly, I don't know who Bernard Taylor is, but CP does such a good job, and the price was beyond right. The books sounded interesting (a few recent-ish CP releases have sounded interesting so I've picked them up.)

I've been debating about the Bernard Taylor books. I really should just pull the trigger. I find that with Centipede Press, I wind up passing more than buying and almost always tend to regret it.
                [/QUOTE]

God, I should just pull the trigger...

Comment

Do it.

God, I should just pull the trigger...[/QUOTE]

Comment

Bernard Taylor S/#d (matching) HC set, Centipede Press. John Collier, Tartarus Press HC.

[/QUOTE]

Just received my Bernard Taylor set. Looking forward to reading them, but noticed that even the mighty Centipede Press that everyone seems to drool over (rightly so) can screw up - or maybe their printer. According to the shrink-wrapping, my set is #233. Oh, but not so. My copy of Sweetheart, Sweetheart within the shrink-wrap is actually #239. I mention this only if you are supposed to be the proud owner of the #239 set and find that is not so. I will happily trade copies with you if that is the case so your set can be reunited.

Comment

Hi,
                      Did you contact Jerad? He will usually make arrangements to get the books to the proper owner in these rare cases. I know he had sent an email out about this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                        Hi,
                        Did you contact Jerad? He will usually make arrangements to get the books to the proper owner in these rare cases. I know he had sent an email out about this issue.
                        Yes, I told him that it personally wasn't a big deal and I was happy to leave things as they were, but if someone was expecting #239 I would be happy to trade. He decided to let things ride.

Comment

This seems to be happening more frequently with Jerad...

Comment

All signed/limited (except for the Woolrich, of course).
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Nice!

Comment

All signed/limited (except for the Woolrich, of course).
                                Great adds!

Comment

Working...
                                X