Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Splync View Post
    So I'm kind of OCD in terms of leaving stuff in the original packaging. I'm getting better, I swear!

But anyways, I've never actually opened the packaging on my Merrin's Cross paperweight. I mean I opened the shipping box! But I never took the paperweight out of the smaller white box that contained it... until tonight!

Anyways, inspired by Jeff's videos, I decided to capture the unboxing on film! It's not a very good video, by any means. I'm no Jeffingoff and I'm no Vannah White.

But it felt like a fun thing to film, especially with the Oskar's Cube paperweight still being available to order until Saturday.

https://youtu.be/5wn5ayfFR1s

Hate mail and criticism accepted!
    You did a good job and that paperweight is beautiful.

Comment

Great video! That's exactly why I started my channel--so people who didn't have these things could see them. I'm so jealous!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
        Great video! That's exactly why I started my channel--so people who didn't have these things could see them. I'm so jealous!
        I like the videos because it also gives more insight into a product I might looking into purchasing as well. There isn't a "Bluray.com" for limited edition books where a website gives a centralized spot for all publisher preorders, reviews of products, links to websites to purchase. Videos like yours and Splync's can give much needed insight into a product. I was very iffy about these paperweights. Not because there was doubt that Paul would product a solid product, but would I be that impressed with it to justify the price. If I was a big HORNS fan, I would LOVE that paperweight.

Now I need a need a HEART-SHAPED BOX paperweight with a razorblade on a chain in the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I like the videos because it also gives more insight into a product I might looking into purchasing as well. There isn't a "Bluray.com" for limited edition books where a website gives a centralized spot for all publisher preorders, reviews of products, links to websites to purchase. Videos like yours and Splync's can give much needed insight into a product. I was very iffy about these paperweights. Not because there was doubt that Paul would product a solid product, but would I be that impressed with it to justify the price. If I was a big HORNS fan, I would LOVE that paperweight.

Now I need a need a HEART-SHAPED BOX paperweight with a razorblade on a chain in the inside.
          A Heart Shaped Box paper weight would be fantastic!

Comment

Concur! Great video and the paperweight is a beaut.

Comment

Bud Cook posted this on his Facebook.

108193787_102222396362ukwu.jpg

Comment

Jeff, that new 19th Edition slipcase is *incredible!*

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

That is a gorgeous slipcase. He mentions that he does custom slipcases at the back of the Stephen King 1st editions guide. I attempted to contact him about them via email and through his website and never heard back.

Comment

IT IS. I was expecting something great but then I opened it and realized that my imagination is nothing compared to Lord Kane's creation.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

That is a gorgeous slipcase. He mentions that he does custom slipcases at the back of the Stephen King 1st editions guide. I attempted to contact him about them via email and through his website and never heard back.
                      He told me that he's got a backlog on slipcases so it's not something he can promote right now. But he's usually really good at getting back to messages on FB. If you reach out to him here https://www.facebook.com/groups/19thEdition I'm sure you'll get a response. I just realized that I don't even have his email address.

Comment

He told me that he's got a backlog on slipcases so it's not something he can promote right now. But he's usually really good at getting back to messages on FB. If you reach out to him here https://www.facebook.com/groups/19thEdition I'm sure you'll get a response. I just realized that I don't even have his email address.
                        This was a good year ago. I recently had an issue with an order for bookcases and had problems getting a response. Took five tries. First sent email and web communication. Waited a week and tried the same thing. Shortly after that I noticed he had posted on Instagram so I commented on his post asking him to respond to one of my emails regarding an order issue. He quickly responded and apologized, stating he thought he had responded and had sent out the correct item. I received the correct item about a week later. I like what he is doing and will continue to buy his trinkets. I do believe his main mode of communication is Facebook and I do not have Facebook so it rules me out as a customer for product that requires communication. I was interested in getting his thoughts on slipcases for Joe Hill trade editions. Again, I have no issues with how he is running his business but my participation will be limited. Side note: I also purchased his photography cards as I am looking into getting back into photography. They are interesting and I am looking forward to trying some new things.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

This was a good year ago. I recently had an issue with an order for bookcases and had problems getting a response. Took five tries. First sent email and web communication. Waited a week and tried the same thing. Shortly after that I noticed he had posted on Instagram so I commented on his post asking him to respond to one of my emails regarding an order issue. He quickly responded and apologized, stating he thought he had responded and had sent out the correct item. I received the correct item about a week later. I like what he is doing and will continue to buy his trinkets. I do believe his main mode of communication is Facebook and I do not have Facebook so it rules me out as a customer for product that requires communication. I was interested in getting his thoughts on slipcases for Joe Hill trade editions. Again, I have no issues with how he is running his business but my participation will be limited. Side note: I also purchased his photography cards as I am looking into getting back into photography. They are interesting and I am looking forward to trying some new things.
                          I know things are ramping up for him. I haven't been in communication with him before May of this year so I only have this narrow band of time to judge by, but it seems like this level of activity is pretty new for him. But yeah, I can see how it's frustrating if you're not communicating on FB. The only reason I keep my FB account is for the book collecting community. Otherwise, I'd have pulled up stakes and rolled out.

Comment

That case is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

That case is awesome!
                              Thank you. it's a drug I inject in my eyes every time I look at it.

Comment

That was a fantastic video and a great slipcase . The look on your face made that video.

Comment

Working...
                                X