Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post

What did you think of the story?
    I loved it. I've never read any Matheson before. Talk about lean and disciplined writing. He included only what the reader needed to know and he included enough to allow the reader to imagine the rest. Really fantastic read. And it was a great edition for my first go-round.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

I loved it. I've never read any Matheson before. Talk about lean and disciplined writing. He included only what the reader needed to know and he included enough to allow the reader to imagine the rest. Really fantastic read. And it was a great edition for my first go-round.
      Oh man, you've never read any Matheson? What a treat to experience him for the first time. My first Matheson was A Stir of Echoes which I tracked down after seeing the Kevin Bacon film (I much prefer the book) and I haven't looked back since. I Am Legend is such a great read.

Comment

Matheson is a great writer. Bid Time Return (Somewhere In Time) and Stir of Echoes are amazing stories. He has several short stories I really love as well. For whatever reason I Am Legend just did not work for me when I originally read it many years ago. I now have the Suntup Gift edition and at some point will try again.

Comment

So glad you enjoyed it, Jeff...it’s my third favorite novel of all time, so it’s always great to hear from others who share my affection for it.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

It’s a great story. I love Matheson’s short stories. Gauntlet Press has a great 3 volume paperback set of his complete short stories in order. Highly recommend that set

Comment

Thanks everyone. I also saw Stir of Echoes and all I remember is that the movie introduced a character that went absolutely no where. Like they edited 95% of this character's involvement and forgot that last nagging 5% and now that's all I remember. I won't hold it against Matheson. I'll definitely read more from him. I think Stir of Echoes is high on that NEXT list.

Comment

I wonder what the market will do with Suntup? It seems like it's all over the place for almost all editions. It all seems to trend on the high side but from my perspective it really fluctuates from low/high to high/high.

I am really wondering in regards to long term. Either way if you are a flipper it appears, from someone who doesn't flip books, that there is a good chance on positive returns.
                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I will also say that I wasn't blown away with my AE/GE of IAL. I could have done without this.
                  Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Matheson is a great writer. Bid Time Return (Somewhere In Time) and Stir of Echoes are amazing stories. He has several short stories I really love as well. For whatever reason I Am Legend just did not work for me when I originally read it many years ago. I now have the Suntup Gift edition and at some point will try again.
                    I read I Am Legend late last year or earlier this year and it didn't work for me either. I think I also read Stir of Echoes as some point but don't recall much of it if I did. I traded away my numbered IAL due to lack of interest in the book. I'll keep the AGE though.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

I read I Am Legend late last year or earlier this year and it didn't work for me either. I think I also read Stir of Echoes as some point but don't recall much of it if I did. I traded away my numbered IAL due to lack of interest in the book. I'll keep the AGE though.
                      It has been at least twenty years since I read it so I am hoping I like it this time around!

Comment

I doubt Brother would have ever been a story I'd have read if it wasn't for Suntup. I put the audiobook on as I was taking a flight and I can only imagine what I looked like as I listened.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmare View Post
                          I doubt Brother would have ever been a story I'd have read if it wasn't for Suntup. I put the audiobook on as I was taking a flight and I can only imagine what I looked like as I listened.
                          I had never heard of Ania Alborn prior to the Suntup announcement. I read and fully enjoyed Brother and have also read Weeds, decent but not as good as Brother. That is one of the things I like so much about Cemetery Dance is that they have introduced me to all these great authors I simply would not have found at a local bookstore, I read Hannibal on a flight many years ago and probably had similar expressions on that.

Comment

*Edit: Never mind, it was just my browser not playing the video. Was anyone able to view the new teaser video? The link just takes me to Suntup's website.
                            Last edited by Jarhead; 06-17-2020, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarhead View Post
                              Was anyone able to view the new teaser video? The link just takes me to Suntup's website.
                              Yes. The video is posted on the front page of the Suntup website. The video leads me to believe the speculation that it is 1984 is correct. If that is correct and the price is within reason I will be in.

Here is also a direct link on Vimeo that may work for you if you can't play from the website. https://vimeo.com/suntupeditions

Comment

Yes. The video is posted on the front page of the Suntup website. The video leads me to believe the speculation that it is 1984 is correct. If that is correct and the price is within reason I will be in.

Here is also a direct link on Vimeo that may work for you if you can't play from the website. https://vimeo.com/suntupeditions
                                It does look like 1984, with the eye looking thru an old-style CRT display. Oddly enough, it also looks very much like the UK cover for The Shining, but that's highly unlikely!

P1090387.JPG

Comment

Working...
                                X