X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post

Oh it certainly does. Don't get me wrong, I love the novel!

Back in my college days I even did an Honors thesis on the novel and the role of Frankenstein as a natural philosopher/scientist.

I just don't see it as a must have for a Suntup Edition.
    Totally understand. For me, I eventually need to add a physical copy and a Suntup edition would work well for me,

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

It also reads well today. Many older works do not.
    Oh it certainly does. Don't get me wrong, I love the novel!

Back in my college days I even did an Honors thesis on the novel and the role of Frankenstein as a natural philosopher/scientist.

I just don't see it as a must have for a Suntup Edition.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

The worst part is that Frankenstein is such a classic that it's usually one of the first titles people think of when requesting horror titles, no matter how many copies they already have at home.
    It also reads well today. Many older works do not.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by WebInterceptor View Post

Frankenstein would be worst thing to do for sure. But people would have to buy it otherwise they'll miss out on next books, but it's guaranteed it'll be a straight to ebay kind of thing if that was the book. I know I can't read any more versions of that book just like Alice in wonderland, even if was printed in 24k gold lol.
    The worst part is that Frankenstein is such a classic that it's usually one of the first titles people think of when requesting horror titles, no matter how many copies they already have at home.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I think I will be passing on basically anything it may be. I have four Suntup books on pre-order with two of these paid for already and two to be paid once the books are ready to be shipped. I am a fan of the press but the price point(s) aren't really meant for me on any kind of consistent basis.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Parviz View Post
    I would love it to be lord of the flies
    I hope it is -- I already have a nice Folio Society of that one, and my wallet could use a break. I'm starting to realize I get almost as excited when they're books I already have nice editions of and know I'll save $$$ as when they're books I need.

Leave a comment:

• Parviz
    replied
    I would love it to be lord of the flies

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by WebInterceptor View Post

Frankenstein would be worst thing to do for sure. But people would have to buy it otherwise they'll miss out on next books, but it's guaranteed it'll be a straight to ebay kind of thing if that was the book. I know I can't read any more versions of that book just like Alice in wonderland, even if was printed in 24k gold lol.
    I appear to be in the minority but I would love a nice edition of Frankenstein. All the other deluxe editions held little interest and I only own this one in audio. All of the conventional wisdom (Of which I have none) guesses sound good to me. So it will probably be none of them.

Leave a comment:

• WebInterceptor
    replied
    Originally posted by JeremyM View Post

Agreed - there is no shortage of 'Frankenstein' fine-press & 'nice' editions - several of them published in just the past few years.

Leave a comment:

• JeremyM
    replied
    I had been thinking The Island of Doctor Moreau prior to today's video, but now I'm thinking this isn't the case. I'm thinking that guesses for Frankenstein or Lord of the Flies may be more accurate. And I really hope that it ISN'T Frankenstein. I love that novel, but I don't need any more editions...
    Agreed - there is no shortage of 'Frankenstein' fine-press & 'nice' editions - several of them published in just the past few years.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    I had been thinking The Island of Doctor Moreau prior to today's video, but now I'm thinking this isn't the case. I'm thinking that guesses for Frankenstein or Lord of the Flies may be more accurate. And I really hope that it ISN'T Frankenstein. I love that novel, but I don't need any more editions...

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    No idea either. Looking forward to seeing the production.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Any guess as to what tomorrow's book may be? Wondering what the forum thinks as I'm drawing a blank after watching the facebook teaser today.

"This is a classic work of literature that has been frequently requested by our customers. After receiving repeated requests for it, we decided to make it happen!"

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Received the Heinlein limited set today. They are fantastic. The numbers are written in. Not sure if Seed was a one off or if it is just a timing thing.

Leave a comment:

• Parviz
    replied
    DRP has 5 sets of artist editions of Heinlein up for $355. If anyone is interested

Leave a comment:

Working...
X