Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parviz
    replied
    Well now, those are some nice looking books. Wish I had the road to go along with it but unfortunately wasn't able to get on the bus until Brother.

Leave a comment:

• JeremyM
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

The overall design and the art look fantastic.
    Agreed, I like the art and binding design.

Bret Easton Ellis is a left-field choice to write the intro though. While I should give this the benefit of the doubt, my first thought is this is a missed opportunity. Hopefully it's better than I think it's going to be. Given the amount that has been written about this work in particular, by many academics, this is a bit of a head scratcher.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I will certainly agree that the book isn't very approachable. I like the looks if it but it doesn't look like it's meant to be read.

And that’s part of my problem and one that made Stephen King so reluctant to do limited editions. What good is a book if it’s not meant to be read? And Yes I do read my limited edition books.

Leave a comment:

• WebInterceptor
    replied
    Like the artwork.. Don't like the butterfly binding. My experiences with that kind of binding has never been good. It will sell out for sure because once you get out it becomes arbitrary lottery instead of first come served and that's just near to being impossible to get in when there are books that you really want. Already more than 50% sold out.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I will certainly agree that the book isn't very approachable. I like the looks of it but it doesn't look like it's meant to be read.

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Sorry but I feel with this book at this price for an edition not signed by the author that Suntup has finally jumped the shark. I know it’ll sell out but to me no book is worth what he has priced it at. I also don’t like the design of the book and at this cost I would be afraid to even touch it for fear of damaging it. Just my opinion. Those who are getting it congratulations.
    Last edited by Ben Staad; 03-18-2021, 07:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Sorry but I feel with this book at this price for an edition not signed by the author that Suntup has finally jumped the shark. I know it’ll sell out but to me no book is worth what he has priced it at. I also don’t like the design of the book and at this cost I would be afraid to even touch it for fear of damaging it. Just my opinion. Those who are getting it congratulations.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Kept it a tick under 1K for the numbered. Looks like a gorgeous book and I hope everyone is thrilled with it. I really like that Rob Wood is the artist.
    The overall design and the art look fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Kept it a tick under 1K for the numbered. Looks like a gorgeous book and I hope everyone is thrilled with it. I really like that Rob Wood is the artist.

Leave a comment:

• WebInterceptor
    replied
    Opened the link in the preorder email and accidently clicked to Lettered link. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the retail. Even 'not at lettered pricing' the limited is his most expensive limited yet.
    He did manage to cash in on the hype train lol. Looking at the price, 800$ would have seemed cheap. I don't know if people will be put off by this though because when I saw the livestream, i felt people were ready sell their kidneys for the book lmao. AE not being available is big disappointment for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Opened the link in the preorder email and accidently clicked to Lettered link. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the retail. Even 'not at lettered pricing' the limited is his most expensive limited yet.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    So the assumed announcement of Blood Meridian tomorrow has many people excited at the prospect of getting a limited edition of this book. It also has a number of people dismayed, believing that the 350 copies will all go on pre-sale and they will not have an opportunity. This has left me with questions. If the original announcement holds this will be the second book published by Suntup with a living author, yet not signed by the author. The other being The Road. This book is also being marketed as being produced at a lettered level but not a lettered price. So it is impossible to know what that means but we do know that it is being printed letterpress. Assuming it will be on the higher end of the limited books by Suntup we could be talking about a novel, not signed by the author that is being offered in the $800 range. Do we really believe that the 350 people will all jump at that? If not how many may be available to the general public? If you could buy one on Saturday and the price is in the $800 range would you buy it?

Suntup offerings do seam to defy conventual wisdom regarding price point and demand but I remain skeptical. Of course my winning percentage on predicting these things is less than zero.
    I don’t think all 350 will be sold during presale. Depending on price, this may be the book that knocks people off the Suntup train. That being said, I think the vast majority will be sold during presale and there will be the requisite amount of flipping going on.

I’ve read two McCarthy books, THE ROAD and NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN, and I liked them a lot. But not enough to go $800+ on BLOOD MERIDIAN. Of course, if I get around to reading BLOOD MERIDIAN, my mind might be changed.

I hope all who wants one can get one.

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post

Has it actually been said that it WON'T be the price of a normal lettered edition? I believe the only thing that he said about the price is that it won't be $2,500.

I fully expect this title to be $1,200. At least that's what I tell myself in order to prepare for the potential of a $1k+ book.

I really hope I'm wrong...
    I asked on tdt.org if it being lettered quality would mean that it’s lettered price and he said “I wouldn’t do that” and that costs would be offset by how many books were made.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    This book is also being marketed as being produced at a lettered level but not a lettered price.
    Has it actually been said that it WON'T be the price of a normal lettered edition? I believe the only thing that he said about the price is that it won't be $2,500.

I fully expect this title to be $1,200. At least that's what I tell myself in order to prepare for the potential of a $1k+ book.

I really hope I'm wrong...

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    That is a real thing and Suntup is doing it well. It's a great combo of product, promotion, and community.

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post

It's this. Paul has turned FOMO into a literal art here.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Paul has shrewdly placed this book ahead of the quarterly announcement(s) which I think makes it even harder for rights holders to pass on this purchase and release their number to the lottery.
    It's this. Paul has turned FOMO into a literal art here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X