X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    It's a great looking book and amazing artwork. Thankfully this genre of book isn't something I even like so this, unlike some other releases, is a fairly easy pass.
    Curious, what genre is it you don’t like...horror? werewolf? horror/crime mash-up...?

I snagged a copy. It’s one of those classic books that I read way back in the day, and have a little to no memory of. It’ll be nice to revisit it in such a beautiful presentation

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Cool. Hope you love it. I read the book a long time ago and thought it was okay. Never saw the movie so far as I recall.

I'm probably back to my old Suntup ways be stating that the pricing is just a little rich for my blood. I will certainly grab books that I really want but I cannot just buy them just because they are Suntup.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Actually pretty excited for this one. I have never read the book or seen the movie but it has always been on my radar. Probably skipping the art portfolio though.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Actually pretty excited for this one. I have never read the book or seen the movie but it has always been on my radar. Probably skipping the art portfolio though.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Not overly surprised given the current market value for their books. Many folks buying their three copies with the assumption they can make a little money.

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    The AGE is already over 50% sold. Damn.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    The AGE is already over 50% sold. Damn.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    It's a great looking book and amazing artwork. Thankfully this genre of book isn't something I even like so this, unlike some other releases, is a fairly easy pass. If the price point was lower I would have certainly bought it just for the great artwork.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    You are correct on the book.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I might be tempted with The Wolfen...

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I might be tempted with The Wolfen...

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    The Wolfen is a really under-rated book. The movie's not half-bad either.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Based on that, I'd guess Interview with the Vampire.

Edit: LOL, that'll teach me to refresh before posting.

Leave a comment:

• JeremyM
    replied
    It's described as:
    • A terrifying novel from the 1970’s
    • Author's debut novel
    • Breathing new life into a particular breed of horror novel
    • Signed by the author
    • Paul has said that it is not 'Interview with the Vampire'
    Possible matches folks have come up with:

The Wolfen - Whitley Strieber, this seems to fit the best to me at the moment
    The Manitou - Graham Masterton
    The Godsend - Bernard Taylor
    The Omen - David Seltzer, I don't think this is likely as it's a novelization of a film and Seltzer hasn't written any other novels

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Just watched the facebook live but still cannot piece together what tomorrow's announcement might be. Would love to hear any guesses for tomorrow's announcement. The hint is below:

"This terrifying novel from the 1970's was the author's debut, breathing new life into a particular breed of horror novel."

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
    Yeah, by the time I checked my e-mail and saw the Dark Regions newsletter, they were sold out. As much as it hurts me, this is probably a good thing...Between my pile of medical bills and my ancient car giving me grief, the last thing I needed was to spend $150.00 on a book that I already own a few dozen copies of.
    Technically I only have one version, the Lonely Road 40th Anniversary. I do have the Cemetery Dance screen play also.

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    Yeah, by the time I checked my e-mail and saw the Dark Regions newsletter, they were sold out. As much as it hurts me, this is probably a good thing...Between my pile of medical bills and my ancient car giving me grief, the last thing I needed was to spend $150.00 on a book that I already own a few dozen copies of.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    The book is certainly hot now but I just really wonder how much that is actual demand or just flippers sucking these up. Hard to tell.

No clue. I will admit I am rather surprised at how hot this book is. An Artist Edition appears to have sold on eBay for $285 with a limited going for $2,548.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X