X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slayn666
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    DAW has allowed the Rothfuss books to be done.....
    No they haven't. Some dudes took it upon themselves to rebind a handful of copies in leather and Bill sold one or two of them, but DAW has never authorized LEs for the three Kingkiller books.

That said, Rothfuss did write two books specifically for Bill - the Princess and Mr. Wiffle titles.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    DAW has allowed the Rothfuss books to be done.....

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    No idea. Bill has been trying for years, and I think Shawn Speakman of Grim Oak has been poking them recently as well. I'd absolutely love to see LEs of the Coldfire Trilogy.
    Speakman said in a recent livestream that he's gotten pretty close to succeeding. If anyone can do it, I hope it's him. It'd be awesome for Grim Oak, especially with all that Speakman has done for the fantasy community.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    No idea. Bill has been trying for years, and I think Shawn Speakman of Grim Oak has been poking them recently as well. I'd absolutely love to see LEs of the Coldfire Trilogy.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Interesting information regarding DAW. I wonder what advantage they feel they are getting by limiting LE's. Seems like small run press could help reinvigorate sales for older titles.

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post

It's published by DAW, and they are notorious for not letting anyone do LEs of their titles. Paul is awesome, but I doubt he's going to succeed where folks like Bill Schaefer have failed for years and years.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    How about War of The Flowers by Tad Williams?
    It's published by DAW, and they are notorious for not letting anyone do LEs of their titles. Paul is awesome, but I doubt he's going to succeed where folks like Bill Schaefer have failed for years and years.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    How about War of The Flowers by Tad Williams?

Leave a comment:

• JeremyM
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Not sure if it has been guessed, but I will guess Gormenghast by Mervyn Peake for the title on the 29th. The EP edition is a bit over 1000 for the three books.
    It's signed by the author, so not the Gormenghast series I'm afraid, though oddly enough I did recently pickup a copy of the FS edition - which is pretty nice.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Not sure if it has been guessed, but I will guess Gormenghast by Mervyn Peake for the title on the 29th. The EP edition is a bit over 1000 for the three books.

Leave a comment:

• Parviz
    replied
    DRP has 31 copies of the island of doctor moreau artist edition if anyone is looking.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Congrats. I saw some photos of the case and it looked very nice and unique.

Looking forward to my A/E.

Originally posted by Parviz View Post
    Just recieved the numbered 1984 today. What an outstanding edition.

Leave a comment:

• Parviz
    replied
    Just recieved the numbered 1984 today. What an outstanding edition.

Leave a comment:

• brlesh
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Surprisingly, I'm actually debating picking this one up. Of all of Wells's books, this one is the one that I've most meant to get around to reading. Since it doesn't make the previous set of Wells books, my Collector OCD won't kick in, prodding me to track down the other books to match. The $130 price point is making take a moment and think it over.

I typically like the designs of the lettered editions, but this time I'm rather partial to the limited.
    I ordered a copy of Island.

I don't have the first 3 Wells books from Suntup, by Isand is my favorite work by Wells.

It also sounds like there is a good bit of bonus material in this edition.

B

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Surprisingly, I'm actually debating picking this one up. Of all of Wells's books, this one is the one that I've most meant to get around to reading. Since it doesn't make the previous set of Wells books, my Collector OCD won't kick in, prodding me to track down the other books to match. The $130 price point is making take a moment and think it over.

I typically like the designs of the lettered editions, but this time I'm rather partial to the limited.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Passing, but it's a nice addition to the Wells set for those who had bought the earlier volumes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X