Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Yes, nice-looking book, but not for me. I read it, and liked it, but not enough to buy an S/L edition.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Got up bright and early to get ready for this 7AM announcement, and it turned out I could have slept in a bit longer. It does look lovely, but Malerman just isn’t for me. Great to see Paul bring this line back, though…curious to see what’s next.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    This is up for pre-order. Beyond my means but looks lovely.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    First book of the new Modern Classics line goes up on Monday. The newsletter said that “Get in line” was a hint to what the title is and it’s by a favorite Earthling author. Anybody have any guesses?

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    First book of the new Modern Classics line goes up on Monday. The newsletter said that “Get in line” was a hint to what the title is and it’s by a favorite Earthling author. Anybody have any guesses?

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    You got that right my friend. I've been teetering for a few years now and hope I can hang in there.

I'm very curious as to what the first book is going to be. Paul stated in the newsletter that the first book is nearly done so hopefully it won't be too long of a wait. I'm just concerned that I'll be priced out. The overall rise in price points in the our hobby has been taking its toll.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Very. Deluxe editions of modern genre classics that (presumably) have never had the limited treatment are safe bets and exciting additions to a collection.
    I'm very curious as to what the first book is going to be. Paul stated in the newsletter that the first book is nearly done so hopefully it won't be too long of a wait. I'm just concerned that I'll be priced out. The overall rise in price points in the our hobby has been taking its toll.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Yes, am very excited by this news. I have two of the previous books from their Classics line (Strangewood & Song of Kali), and they are both outstanding! Sounds like the reboot of the line may be even more sumptuous; so, I can't wait!

Was also excited by the update on "Marla". I am a huge Janz fan and cannot wait to read it. I really love the Earthling Halloween series. I wish I would have known about it from the get-go so that I could have a complete set. Unless I hit the lottery, that probably won't happen now as the first few books are outrageous on the aftermarket.
    I haven't yet purchased Marla. I should get it over with, but book announcements are coming fast and furious and I there is only so much money in the bank.

As far as the Halloween series, keep an eye on eBay and ABE because you can usually find most of the books for reasonable prices if you're patient. I'm still kicking myself for not getting Goblin and Boys in the Valley when they were announced. I am on the list for the lettered of Goblin, but I'm not banking on being able to get a copy.

If money weren't an object, I'd love to work on putting together a full set of Earthling lettered editions. I really like what they do with their books.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    From today’s newsletter it sounds like Earthling is relaunching and revamping their Modern Classics line. I’m curious as to what these are gonna be like. If the soon-to-be announced book looks good, I might have to pull the trigger. Anybody else curious about this new line?
    Yes, am very excited by this news. I have two of the previous books from their Classics line (Strangewood & Song of Kali), and they are both outstanding! Sounds like the reboot of the line may be even more sumptuous; so, I can't wait!

Was also excited by the update on "Marla". I am a huge Janz fan and cannot wait to read it. I really love the Earthling Halloween series. I wish I would have known about it from the get-go so that I could have a complete set. Unless I hit the lottery, that probably won't happen now as the first few books are outrageous on the aftermarket.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    From today’s newsletter it sounds like Earthling is relaunching and revamping their Modern Classics line. I’m curious as to what these are gonna be like. If the soon-to-be announced book looks good, I might have to pull the trigger. Anybody else curious about this new line?
    Very. Deluxe editions of modern genre classics that (presumably) have never had the limited treatment are safe bets and exciting additions to a collection.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Feel the same way. Would love to have the slipcase, but cannot seem to justify it in my head. Hard for me to pull the trigger on a slipcase that costs as much as the book itself. Hopefully, I won't regret it too much as there have been some slipcases that I've passed on that I wish I would have purchased such as the one from SubPress for NOS4A2.
    Now that one I did spring for, and have no regrets…Sub Press did a great job with it. But were it offered today an in my present mindset, I’d probably pass on it, too (so I’m glad I bought when I did ;-)).

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied

I toyed / am toying with the idea of that for my copy of BinV, but I just can't justify the cost. I'm sure it'll be very nice and well worth it to those who opt for a copy, but in my marginally successful effort to slow down buying to those books I absolutely Need and, concurrently, selling off some books that I absolutely don't Need, expensive accessories that-I-don't-Need-but-it-would-be-nice, like this slipcase, just don't pass muster anymore.

Plus by not buying I'm then essentially getting the copy of GOTHIC I have on pre-order for free. Or that's one way I justify passing on it, anyhow...
    Feel the same way. Would love to have the slipcase, but cannot seem to justify it in my head. Hard for me to pull the trigger on a slipcase that costs as much as the book itself. Hopefully, I won't regret it too much as there have been some slipcases that I've passed on that I wish I would have purchased such as the one from SubPress for NOS4A2.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Understood and makes sense. Now I can use your logic and say I bought the slipcase and that's why I didn't buy Gothic! LOL LOL
    Perfect use of biblio-logic…well played, sir.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Understood and makes sense. Now I can use your logic and say I bought the slipcase and that's why I didn't buy Gothic! LOL LOL

In reality I missed out on Gothic by about 10 minutes and probably/likely would still have bought this slipcase.

I toyed / am toying with the idea of that for my copy of BinV, but I just can't justify the cost. I'm sure it'll be very nice and well worth it to those who opt for a copy, but in my marginally successful effort to slow down buying to those books I absolutely Need and, concurrently, selling off some books that I absolutely don't Need, expensive accessories that-I-don't-Need-but-it-would-be-nice, like this slipcase, just don't pass muster anymore.

Plus by not buying I'm then essentially getting the copy of GOTHIC I have on pre-order for free. Or that's one way I justify passing on it, anyhow...

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    As an FYI there is a limited run of slipcases* for Boys in the Valley being produced. See below.

https://lightbox-photography-cards.m...kMYDNdTPY6eEYw

*Edited to note that this is not affiliated with Earthling.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X