Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Me too. I had things in my cart twice but never completed the transaction.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Nice! I almost swung for a title or two, but more frugal and responsible minds prevailed. There's been a lot of books coming out lately and the old wallet is bouncing back as fast!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
    Â Earthling is having a Halloween sale today. I picked up the Sarah Pinborough Halloween book for half off, and a scratch and dent Michael Marshall Smith collection for seven bucks.
    Nice! I almost swung for a title or two, but more frugal and responsible minds prevailed. There's been a lot of books coming out lately and the old wallet is bouncing back as fast!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
    Â Earthling is having a Halloween sale today. I picked up the Sarah Pinborough Halloween book for half off, and a scratch and dent Michael Marshall Smith collection for seven bucks.
    Nice haul! I have both and they are great reads, especially at those prices!

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
     Earthling is having a Halloween sale today. I picked up the Sarah Pinborough Halloween book for half off, and a scratch and dent Michael Marshall Smith collection for seven bucks.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by brlesh View Post

I picked up the Thomas title also.

I really like his stories set in Punktown and Hades.

His other works not set in those two worlds I’ve found to be more hit or miss, but I find he’s still an author worth taking a chance on.

He’s also written some good Lovecraftian stories, though based on the description his new book it seems to be more of a ghost story.

B
    I have the Centipede Press PUNKTOWN books in the TBR pile. I real need to get around to them. I’m also curious about his HADES books and I’m kinda mad at myself for not picking up the new signed editions from Weird House.

Anyways, I haven’t read anything from Thomas yet, but the description intrigued me and the price point sealed the deal. If it was like $50 or more, I probably would’ve hesitated on pulling the trigger.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    $3K and it looks lovely.
    You nailed that price point! The book does look beautiful. At that price, though, even if I LOVED the book, I couldn’t make it happen.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    $3K and it looks lovely.

Leave a comment:

• brlesh
    replied
    Did anybody pick up the Jeffrey Thomas title? I was a little on the fence, but the low ($35!) price point helped me take the gamble. With all the high price points that seem to be dominating right now, I was very happy to see a lower price point title.

I'm also curious as to what the next lettered edition is going to be. I'm sure that I'll be priced out since Earthling's lettered edition price points have increased, but I'm always curious as to what it might be.
    I picked up the Thomas title also.

I really like his stories set in Punktown and Hades.

His other works not set in those two worlds I’ve found to be more hit or miss, but I find he’s still an author worth taking a chance on.

He’s also written some good Lovecraftian stories, though based on the description his new book it seems to be more of a ghost story.

B

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    100% sellout in about the blink of an eye.

I'm sure it will sell out.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    What do you think the price point will be? North of $3K I would imagine. However I have never paid attention to the prices of lettered editions as 99% of them are beyond my means.

Considering the amount of time that Paul's been working on the design for this one, I'd say that the $3K range isn't out of the question. I'm curious to see what the price point is, but regardless due to the combination of it being Earthling, a Clive Barker book, and being limited to only 15 copies, I'm sure it will sell out.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    What do you think the price point will be? North of $3K I would imagine. However I have never paid attention to the prices of lettered editions as 99% of them are beyond my means.

Looks like you were right. I’m sure it’s gonna be a beautiful edition, but as I stated before, one that I’m gonna pass on. I’d love to see pictures once it’s in hand if anyone on the forum gets one.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by joejets View Post
    I'm pretty sure he is going to finally announce the lettered edition of Clive Barker's Weaveworld- he has been working on it for years, and has said in the past it is his favorite book.
    Looks like you were right. I’m sure it’s gonna be a beautiful edition, but as I stated before, one that I’m gonna pass on. I’d love to see pictures once it’s in hand if anyone on the forum gets one.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I love Weaveworld and it's my favorite Barker. I'm sure I'm in the minority on that one but I just love it.

Ah, that will be an easy pass for me. I don't really need a lettered of that title.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by joejets View Post
    I'm pretty sure he is going to finally announce the lettered edition of Clive Barker's Weaveworld- he has been working on it for years, and has said in the past it is his favorite book.
    Ah, that will be an easy pass for me. I don't really need a lettered of that title.

Leave a comment:

• joejets
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X