• Show
Clear All

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    The slipcase looks very nice.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    As an FYI there is a limited run of slipcases* for Boys in the Valley being produced. See below.

https://lightbox-photography-cards.m...kMYDNdTPY6eEYw

*Edited to note that this is not affiliated with Earthling.
    Last edited by Ben Staad; 05-27-2022, 04:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I see everyone is just rubbing it in! LOL and just kidding of course. Congrats to all.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I ordered Gothic too. I was even able to match my number to Boys in the Valley, which is nice.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I pulled the trigger on GOTHIC this morning. Did anybody else?

The price gave me pause. I was hoping it would be in the $50-60 range. $85 made me hesitate. Regret over passing on BOYS IN THE VALLEY pushed me over the edge.
    I had the same surprise, but only considered it for a minute or so before pulling the trigger. I really enjoyed BOYS IN THE VALLEY, so didn’t want to miss out on this one. Given Fracassi’s growing popularity, I knew I would likely not have another shot at this LE at anything approaching a reasonable price.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I took a flyer on Boys in the Valley and really enjoyed it. I bought Gothic as I want to read more from the author. I will admit to being a little surprised that the publisher went with a limit of two considering the limitation and the buzz around the author, I think one per customer would have been a better choice.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Missed out on this. Probably would have bought a copy but congrats to Earthling on a quick sell-out.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied

The price gave me pause. I was hoping it would be in the $50-60 range. $85 made me hesitate. Regret over passing on BOYS IN THE VALLEY pushed me over the edge.
    This is almost word for word my feelings. I did pick-up a copy of Gothic as well but was also hoping it would be priced closer to last week's offering; however, due to the much smaller print run, I understand. I also passed on BOYS IN THE VALLEY when it was announced and have regretted it since. I didn't want to feel that way again; so, I decided to take the plunge with Gothic. This will be my first read by the author; so, fingers crossed. Am not surprised at all that Gothic sold out in 20 minutes. Congrats to Paul/Earthling! Congrats to Fracassi who seems to be building a following!

Leave a comment:

• Jeffsta
    replied

I grabbed a copy and also regret missing out on BOYS IN THE VALLEY. Congrats Paul!

Leave a comment:

• taost33
    replied
    I got my copy. Even with the low print run and all of the chatter I was not expecting it to be gone in 20 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Well, if you wanted a copy of GOTHIC, I hope you got one, because it sold out in under twenty minutes. I figured it would go pretty fast considering the buzz around the author and the very small print run, but that's pretty darn fast. Congratulations to Paul at Earthling!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    A post on FB from Earthling:

"A brief but important update regarding Philip Fracassi’s GOTHIC:

Apologies but I need to move the preorders start time to Tuesday, April 19, Noon EST.
    Please reset your alarms! Tell all your friends!

Also note, given that only 235 numbered and 15 lettered deluxe hardcovers will be produced (just under half the print run of BOYS IN THE VALLEY), I will likely be limiting orders to two copies per household so more people have the opportunity to buy this book at cover price.

Enjoy the rest of your week, and see you Tuesday!"

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I know the feeling. I have a maybe on a little more expensive purchase which is precluding me from buying something else at the moment. GOTHIC sounds like a great read as well. So I hope to know in the next few days where my money will be going. LOL.

Why can't we just have all of the money, right?

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I know the feeling. I have a maybe on a little more expensive purchase which is precluding me from buying something else at the moment. GOTHIC sounds like a great read as well. So I hope to know in the next few days where my money will be going. LOL.

I'm on the fence with this one. This is more financial than anything. I really like Earthling and I'm glad to see them producing more books and the price point is nice. I just made a decent size purchase from Thunderstorm and it looks like there are a slew of Centipede Press books coming out for the next couple of weeks. This has pinched the ol' pocket book. Hopefully, Camelot will have some available or stock will hold out through Earthling for a bit.

I am very interested in next week's offering: GOTHIC by Philip Fracassi.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X