X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
    Thanks. I'm sure the results will be great, as always.
    Hopefully. It's all really just a matter of finding someone who can do it right now. I know it's been stressing Brian out as we found out they couldn't do it right after he announced Revival. Luckily he's in a position there where he can make the changes needed to get it printed, where we can't with Nightshift as we're locked into the specifics because it needs to match (in style) the first 3 books in the Doubleday Years series.

Leave a comment:

• St. Troy
    replied
    Thanks. I'm sure the results will be great, as always.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    I thought that the printer that handled Sleeping Beauties (which is a beauty) was also going to roll right into doing Night Shift, no? Not busting your chops; I just lose track of this stuff.
    That was the original plan. But we found out about 3 months ago that apparently (no one ever told us) that that printer had filed for bankruptcy back in October of 2018 (which explains why they've been slow). The only reason we found out is because 3 months ago they notified us that they had been purchased by our backup printer and were being shut down. We're pretty sure Sleeping Beauties was one of the last things they ever printed. They were originally supposed to be doing the paperback of Richard's The Long Way Home, but that had to get shifted to the backup printer (thus the delays on that one).

Long story short basically we've lost 2 printers in 2 years and none of our remaining printers can currently handle projects like the big SK books. We're working on it though, and hopefully we'll have something figured out soon.

Leave a comment:

• St. Troy
    replied
    I thought that the printer that handled Sleeping Beauties (which is a beauty) was also going to roll right into doing Night Shift, no? Not busting your chops; I just lose track of this stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Ahh yes. Nightshift. It's coming, but we're still having some printer problems on that front. I think I've talked about it before, but our main printer of 30+ years was bought by our "backup" printer and basically shut down. Unfortunately the backup printer can't currently do the King books. We've been shopping other printers to do them, but haven't been having a ton of luck yet.

According to our sales rep at the "backup" printer they should be able to do the King books by September (they're having a press installed that can handle them). We'll see though as that's what they said this time last year. In the meantime we're still contacting different printers trying to get quotes and find others that can handle them. It's been a huge pain in the butt on all fronts, because I know Brian and I both wanted to roll right into Nightshift once SB was done and here.

Edit: Also side note, I listened to way too much of that song before realizing what you were going for was in the title of the song...

Leave a comment:

• St. Troy
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    ...I have no idea what you're after with Marvin.
    I am after this:

https://youtu.be/FrkEDe6Ljqs?t=26

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    ...Marvin...Marvin...
    This made me think of R. Kelly's video for Real Talk. At the end he calls for Melvin.

Other than that, I have no idea what you're after with Marvin.

Leave a comment:

• St. Troy
    replied
    ...Marvin...Marvin...

Leave a comment:

• khaos
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    I don't have any new info yet, but we've moved a bunch of stuff through the slipcase queue recently so it should hopefully be the next thing to go.
    Thanks. I think this is the only order I have where printers aren't at fault. Not that it's bound to be at the top of my read pile.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by khaos View Post
    Any updates on the Shining in the Dark slipcase?
    I don't have any new info yet, but we've moved a bunch of stuff through the slipcase queue recently so it should hopefully be the next thing to go.

Leave a comment:

• khaos
    replied
    Any updates on the Shining in the Dark slipcase?

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Just posting a sorta general shipping schedule update, so everyone knows what to expect from us over the next couple of weeks. This is subject to change, but this is the current plan.

Knight of the Word --> Elevation Slipcase --> Cardinal Black Limited Edition

Knight of the Word should start this week and hopefully finish next week. I'm not sure how much is actually going to get done next week as both Brian and I are out of the office all next week and well this week is a short week. I suspect Elevation slipcases won't start until after I'm back.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Hi CD- Now that Sleeping Beauties has been printed, do you have any updates on when the 1st title in the "2018 Forthcoming Grab Bag" may be announced? The last update that we had stated that the titles were deep in production and that we should see some movement once Sleeping Beauties was done at the printer. As always, any updates are appreciated!
    I don't really have an update on these. We're still dealing with some printer woes at the moment, but we're are running trial projects with 2 new printers and a trial project with a printer we haven't used in something like 8 years. If they go well hopefully we'll be able to make some more progress with some of this backlog.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Hi CD- Now that Sleeping Beauties has been printed, do you have any updates on when the 1st title in the "2018 Forthcoming Grab Bag" may be announced? The last update that we had stated that the titles were deep in production and that we should see some movement once Sleeping Beauties was done at the printer. As always, any updates are appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• daverob
    replied
    Matt Schwartz is active on Facebook. He really is one of the good guys. He posts a lot of movie reviews on FB, many of which are for films that otherwise I might’ve missed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X