X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    I think we have 4 or 5 misc small quantity other publisher's titles in the queue to ship. The plan is for Dan F. (who's part time) to work on those while Zach is working on the bigger projects and in between shipping the day to day orders. Brother is probably at the top of that other publisher's list. The Little Black book is probably at the bottom, because it's the most complex and will take the most amount of time. Either way probably the week after next for the Little book at the latest and most likely next week for Brother.
    Sounds good. Thanks for the update.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Can I ask where Suntups Brother and Borderlands Little book fall in line?
    I think we have 4 or 5 misc small quantity other publisher's titles in the queue to ship. The plan is for Dan F. (who's part time) to work on those while Zach is working on the bigger projects and in between shipping the day to day orders. Brother is probably at the top of that other publisher's list. The Little Black book is probably at the bottom, because it's the most complex and will take the most amount of time. Either way probably the week after next for the Little book at the latest and most likely next week for Brother.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Just some other general shipping updates for anyone who cares. We're done shipping Revival now. PS Publishing's version of The Stand should be finished tomorrow, with the exception of maybe 10 orders which will have to wait for PS to send us replacement copies for damages.

Next on the shipping list are some lettered editions people have been waiting for. Then we'll be into City of Mirrors next week.
    Can I ask where Suntups Brother and Borderlands Little book fall in line?

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Just some other general shipping updates for anyone who cares. We're done shipping Revival now. PS Publishing's version of The Stand should be finished tomorrow, with the exception of maybe 10 orders which will have to wait for PS to send us replacement copies for damages.

Next on the shipping list are some lettered editions people have been waiting for. Then we'll be into City of Mirrors next week.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    I can't find the thread for City of Mirrors, but this is shipping next week.
    SWEET!

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    I can't find the thread for City of Mirrors, but this is shipping next week.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    I believe I have an ARC of proof of it.
    Oops. I meant to type ARC or proof.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    And yes, I want to get a better update for everyone. I know it’s been the same for a loooooonnnnggggg time. Rich touched on what is going on, so we don’t want to single someone out, but we are working on a solution. Thank you, as always, for your awesome amount of patience.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    The subtitle for SHOCKLINES has been changed. I don't know if it appears on the signature sheets, but Dan might be able to check and see if we still have the "top sheet" in the bin at the office. (We print a test copy of each signature sheet to make sure everything looks okay, and we usually keep it in a bin labeled "circulating sig sheets" until the sheets are all signed.)

Brian

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    I don't think there's ever been any doubt that the book is largely done. Rich's interview on The Horror Show briefly mentioned it, and it was mentioned there may be some concerns about mental health involved with the author that's sitting on the signature sheets (note: the mental health thing was definitely mentioned, however it may have been in reference to another delayed CD book).

If that is the case, and CD wants to wait to see if the situation sorts itself out, that's cool. If CD finally gets tired of waiting and prints out more signature sheets and just skips the author that's been holding everything up, that's cool, too. But I do think the paying customers are owed more than the message on the updates page, which hasn't been changed in years. I'm not saying they need to name names, I'm not even really saying they need to go into any detail about the behind-the-scenes stuff at all, but there does need to be an explanation of the plan going forward. Either "we're waiting this out, sorry guys," or, "we're printing new signature sheets, hopefully this will be out in 2021."

I mean, hell, the subtitle needs to be changed anyhow (my personal recommendation: Shocklines: The Last Dangerous Visions - Harlan isn't around to sue!), and if the original full title is on the signature pages, that's going to look weird. If that's the case, there doesn't seem to be a reason not to print up new sheets.
    Last edited by slayn666; 01-17-2020, 02:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by One eyed cat View Post
    don't laugh but I have had the signed limited of Shocklines on pre order since 2006. And that's not even a complaint, my TBR pile is so big this could have shipped in 2007 and there's a chance it would still be unread by me.

Leave a comment:

• One eyed cat
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    Shocklines: Fresh Voices in Terror edited by Richard Chizmar & Matt Schwartz & the ghost of Harlan Ellison
    don't laugh but I have had the signed limited of Shocklines on pre order since 2006. And that's not even a complaint, my TBR pile is so big this could have shipped in 2007 and there's a chance it would still be unread by me.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    The signature sheets are with the very last author who needs to sign and then this one will be sent to the printer.
    Shocklines: Fresh Voices in Terror edited by Richard Chizmar & Matt Schwartz & the ghost of Harlan Ellison

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    Thanks for the latest updates at https://www.cemeterydance.com/production-updates.html

It really helps to add the year to each update, and it looks like most things are moving along pretty well at this point.
    I noticed the updates as well this morning. It was nice to see that Usher's Passing will finally be getting sent to the printer sometime this year. I appreciate everything Brian, Dan and Mindy have done to steer the ship through these printer issues. I think there is light at the end of the tunnel.
    Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 01-13-2020, 06:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Thanks for the latest updates at https://www.cemeterydance.com/production-updates.html

It really helps to add the year to each update, and it looks like most things are moving along pretty well at this point.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X