X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I'd like to raise a pint in honor of Brian James Freeman who has been taking massive fire on social media and within forums and returning nothing but kill shots. Brian, I hate seeing all the shit you're dealing with. I for one appreciate the updates and transparency. I'm sure it's a struggle and I can't imagine the terror of basing the retail price of a book on a set of numbers from one printer, selling that book out pre-publication, and then being forced to produce a more expensive book based on an entirely different set of numbers from a new printer.

So I toast you and Dan and all the people who make these small presses such a huge part of our joy. Have a happy 4th!
    I've been reading the darktower.org thread regarding the publication schedule of CD. I think on the whole most people are quite sympathetic towards the problems that CD have faced regarding their printers.
    There are some who raise some pertinent issues regarding the long pre-order periods on a number of books even before the recent printer problems. Ordering from CD can be a bit of a crapshoot. A book might arrive within 6 months, maybe a year or quite often longer. Some people seem quite comfortable with these delays whilst its drives others nuts.

Personally, I've become much more selective as to which books I pre-order (from all publishers). I used to be OK with having funds tied up in books that I had no idea when I would receive. Now, not so much.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Thank you all! I try to be as helpful as possible. Especially when it comes to explains things that I would never expect a non-publisher to know, such as what a huge pain it can be to find the right printer who will do a GOOD job. It's not actually easy, which is why losing two printers in just about 11 months can really screw everything up! But we're trying, and I think we'll have a big second half of the year once we get a new printer or two lined up!

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I'd like to raise a pint in honor of Brian James Freeman who has been taking massive fire on social media and within forums and returning nothing but kill shots. Brian, I hate seeing all the shit you're dealing with. I for one appreciate the updates and transparency. I'm sure it's a struggle and I can't imagine the terror of basing the retail price of a book on a set of numbers from one printer, selling that book out pre-publication, and then being forced to produce a more expensive book based on an entirely different set of numbers from a new printer.

So I toast you and Dan and all the people who make these small presses such a huge part of our joy. Have a happy 4th!
    Gotta spread it around some more, Jeff but good on you! +1.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Not to go all Swayze, but, ditto what Jeff wrote! Kudos to Brian and the rest of the CD staff!!!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Well said Jeff!!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    This is not what whiners on social media have led me to believe!
    HA!

This will be in the next update, but I doubt folks have no idea what the feeling in the office was like when we found out they weren't keeping the "big press" we needed! Ugh.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• St. Troy
    replied
    I've used this line several times, but sometimes I feel like it needs repeating:

"No deadlines, only headlines."

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    This book isn't late because we WANT it to be late...
    This is not what whiners on social media have led me to believe!

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    We asked the same question. They're selling all of the presses from that printer and turning the building into a warehouse for paper. So what they really did was acquire the *customers* from that printer.

Brian

I think we should start a Kickstarter for the new BJF Printing company!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    Why can't the backup printer use the equipment they just bought when they acquired the primary printer?
    We asked the same question. They're selling all of the presses from that printer and turning the building into a warehouse for paper. So what they really did was acquire the *customers* from that printer.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Why can't the backup printer use the equipment they just bought when they acquired the primary printer?

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
    hahahaha well done!

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
    Thanks. I'm sure the results will be great, as always.
    Hopefully. It's all really just a matter of finding someone who can do it right now. I know it's been stressing Brian out as we found out they couldn't do it right after he announced Revival. Luckily he's in a position there where he can make the changes needed to get it printed, where we can't with Nightshift as we're locked into the specifics because it needs to match (in style) the first 3 books in the Doubleday Years series.

Leave a comment:

• St. Troy
    replied
    Thanks. I'm sure the results will be great, as always.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X