X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Jargendeli View Post
    Any news on THE JUDAS TREE by Simon Clark? This was offered during one of the previous Collectors’ Club. The Clark title as well as a mosaic novel offered as an incentive. No information about either of these titles. Would love to hear an update.

Thanks and stay well.
    THE JUDAS TREE is basically ready for the printer. Just need to find a slot for it among the other titles that backlogged during the printer troubles.

The round robin story was originally to be a chapbook, but we ended up with enough material to upgrade that to be a small signed Limited Edition hardcover instead. It is called SUNNY PINES and we got a great Alan Clark cover. I'm not sure if everyone has signed those signature sheets or not. I'll ask someone who is still going to the office to check.

I believe the plan is to get both printed together, hopefully this fall. A lot depends on how many more printers have to shut down for a while, and how paper supplies go this summer, etc.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Jargendeli
    replied
    Any news on THE JUDAS TREE by Simon Clark? This was offered during one of the previous Collectors’ Club. The Clark title as well as a mosaic novel offered as an incentive. No information about either of these titles. Would love to hear an update.

Thanks and stay well.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Thanks for the update, Brian.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    For those who wanted to know how things are going with the new printers we started working with last year:

Earlier this year, The Chrysalis and Mystery Road were published two months early due to a faster than expected turnaround time, and now The Bank by Bentley Little is shipping a couple of weeks early.

There have been three other titles published this year that weren't publicly announced until they were in-stock, and they were also ahead of the planned schedule.

One of our oldest preorders, The Best of Cemetery Dance 2, is moving ahead of schedule at the printer and we could have the trade edition in June (planned date was late August).

Night Shift is on time at the printer, and the books should be done in June. (Slipcases and traycases are another matter, unfortunately, and I don't have an updated delivery date on those yet, but I will share it when I have it... That's why we're sticking with a more general 2020 pub date instead of giving a specific month yet because there are still various factors out of our control...)

There are a few more older titles that are now ready to go, and the plan is to get them to one printer in June and July as they finish other jobs we have with them. That plan depends on the printer running all of their shifts, not having to close due to quarantines, etc. (One printer that just finished their first job for us let us know they're closing until at least May 15. So, we'll have to see how things are going.)

More updates to come as I have them!

Best,
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    Edited for sharing too much about my "Essential Business"...nothing to see here!
    Last edited by dannyboy121070; 03-24-2020, 08:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Hopefully, with the smaller shops, there's a reasonable expectation of employees being able to keep a safe distance and therefore able to continue working without risk of spreading the virus. I hope that's a factor in any government-forced shut down.
    For some of the states, such as New York and Pennsylvania, that isn't even a factor. The only factor being considered is if it is an "essential business".
    That being said, the list of essential businesses is kind of vague...

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    So far we haven't been told of any shutdowns of either printer, so I am thinking we're good for the time being. Like Brian said though, that could change any day with the way this situation is evolving.
    Hopefully, with the smaller shops, there's a reasonable expectation of employees being able to keep a safe distance and therefore able to continue working without risk of spreading the virus. I hope that's a factor in any government-forced shut down.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Around here (WA), the only thing that determines if they’re able to stay open is if they’re considered by the state as essential business...printers wouldn’t qualify here. No idea if that’s the case with CD’s printer(s), but if their state has issued the same directive, they’re shuttered for the time being.
    So far we haven't been told of any shutdowns of either printer, so I am thinking we're good for the time being. Like Brian said though, that could change any day with the way this situation is evolving.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    How many people are normally employed by these printers? I was thinking that might determine whether or not they are allowed to stay open. I'm not so much worried about delays as I am about the people this will affect financially.
    Around here (WA), the only thing that determines if they’re able to stay open is if they’re considered by the state as essential business...printers wouldn’t qualify here. No idea if that’s the case with CD’s printer(s), but if their state has issued the same directive, they’re shuttered for the time being.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Yep, Dan is correct. It's one of the books that is ready for the printer, but we have others already with them and we can't send everything at once.

We cannot guess at when it will be sent because we have no idea how our printers, supplies, etc, are going to be affected over the next few months. Right now, they're open for business, but that could change today, or tomorrow, or next week. We'll have to see.

Brian
    How many people are normally employed by these printers? I was thinking that might determine whether or not they are allowed to stay open. I'm not so much worried about delays as I am about the people this will affect financially.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    That seems kind of shitty on Jeff's part, to be honest.

That said, I know you guys have to do what you have to do. Thanks for the response!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    Dan & Brian, can you guys comment on whether the bonus materials were finally delivered or not? It was mentioned previously that you may be forced to go to print without them.
    We've had a hard time staying in touch with the author. We know he's super in demand right now, so that happens. If the bonus materials arrive before the book goes to press, we can still add them, but as of now, they haven't arrived.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    Dan & Brian, can you guys comment on whether the bonus materials were finally delivered or not? It was mentioned previously that you may be forced to go to print without them.
    I thought we said on that one. I'll let Brian answer though as I don't want to give you wrong information.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Thanks Brian & Dan! Appreciate the update & am glad to hear that it is just waiting for a slot with the printer. Definitely don't mind giving it more time. I was just worried since the production update for this one has stayed the same for so long. Thanks again for the update and be safe!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X