X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unleash the pissed Monkeys !!!!!!!

monkey_drunk.jpg

Comment

Give a monkey some good whiskey and he would not be pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
        Give a monkey some good whiskey and he would not be pissed.
        Ah ... In Australia, we have a different way of applying the word "pissed" .... If we're "pissed off" we're unhappy (same as your pissed, I guess) .. If we're simply "pissed" we've imbibed one to many Monkey whiskies

Comment

I remember getting pissed at a bar with "monkey" in the name in King's Cross, NSW in 2001. The Wise Monkey? Blind Monkey? 3 Monkies? Who knows. The best times are the ones you don't remember.....
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
            I remember getting pissed at a bar with "monkey" in the name in King's Cross, NSW in 2001. The Wise Monkey? Blind Monkey? 3 Monkies? Who knows. The best times are the ones you don't remember.....
            Must be this one Mr Boone, although it's on George Street (which is only two miles, give or take, from the infamous Cross) ???

http://www.3wisemonkeys.com.au/History.htm

But, yep, you're 100% - the best remembered nights are those that you can't remember that someone else has to remember for you - or something like that

Comment

That be the one! the 7th Fleet put out a general admin message about which bars were off limits to Naval personnel. Somehow, this bar got hold of the message and changed it's name (for the week of our port call)! So a whole bunch of sailors were getting drunk inside the first night. The mistake was discovered two days later, but we'd had out fun and best of all--no one got in trouble!

I knew I could count on you Mr Woot!
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

That be the one! the 7th Fleet put out a general admin message about which bars were off limits to Naval personnel. Somehow, this bar got hold of the message and changed it's name (for the week of our port call)! So a whole bunch of sailors were getting drunk inside the first night. The mistake was discovered two days later, but we'd had out fun and best of all--no one got in trouble!

I knew I could count on you Mr Woot!
                Aha !!!! Mr Boone, given the little snippet of info you've provided, I reckon the bar you actually may have been to in 2001 was The Bourbon & Beefsteak, which is in Kings Cross, and was a favourite hangout for US sailors (Garden Island docking yards are just down the road a ways) and was well known locally as a place a place to stay the hell away from when the ships were in town (the sister of ex wife # 2 was a major groupie for the US sailors and would try and drag # 2 along for a .... fun weekend ... whenever she learned a boatload were on their way).

Does this frontage look familiar ???

105307-lg.jpg

Comment

Not really, but could be. Well, it was a place we weren't supposed to go to; the name on the message was 3WiseMonkeys, but that wasn't the name on the sign when we got there.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Not really, but could be. Well, it was a place we weren't supposed to go to; the name on the message was 3WiseMonkeys, but that wasn't the name on the sign when we got there.
                    Was there a fountain shaped like a huge golf ball spouting water about 50 yards up the road - or was there a Hungry Jacks (aka Burger King) across the road and/or a monorail just outside the door (a yes to either will narrow it right down - however, a yes to both will mean that you were likely pissed as a newt and had no idea where you were)

Comment

A couple of days later, I was asked it I'd been to the 3WiseMonkeys and I said no, we couldn't find it. Then I discovered that me and about 20 others were seen coming out of it, but the name had been changed.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

That was twelve years ago.....put i was pissed as a newt (I got better). I remember walking a ways to the place, tho.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

That was twelve years ago.....put i was pissed as a newt (I got better). I remember walking a ways to the place, tho.
                          Well, if you got better, you must be a witch !!!! If it was a ways from the docking yards, it was likely the former rather than than the latter

Comment

Just another, vaguely remembered...memory from my time Down Under!
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

It was a japanese kind of night.

Two of these followed by and around the sushi for myself
                              2012-02-11 20.25.25.jpg
                              2012-02-11 20.45.53.jpg
                              Then followed by the better part of 3 large bottles of sake between 4 of us. Oh and me loosing $10 dollars in poker.
                              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Looks delicious! There's a great little sushi place around the corner from where I work; they don't deliver, but they will when I work! Every sushi place I go to, I have to have the squid salad.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X