No announcement yet.

Tasty Libation Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For what it’s worth, I’ve tried beer truffles several times before — including some rather fancy ones from Theo’s Chocolates in Fremont — and with a rare exception or two, I find I don’t really care for them. Beer/ale simply doesn’t pair with chocolate in the same agreeable manner as spirits and wine do.

If you ever do that Willamette Valley Winery Collection, let me know and I’ll pick up a box as well and we can compare tasting notes.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      For what it’s worth, I’ve tried beer truffles several times before — including some rather fancy ones from Theo’s Chocolates in Fremont — and with a rare exception or two, I find I don’t really care for them. Beer/ale simply doesn’t pair with chocolate in the same agreeable manner as spirits and wine do.

If you ever do that Willamette Valley Winery Collection, let me know and I’ll pick up a box as well and we can compare tasting notes.
      The beer truffles do not really appeal to me. I believe they are much smaller and that does appeal to me. I will let you know when I am planning on the wine tasting.

Comment

Actually, never mind, I see this posted at the website:

This product can only be shipped to Alaska, California, Florida, Idaho, Louisiana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Washington DC, West Virginia, and Wyoming.

...which leaves me out.

Ah well. Maybe just as well...unlike your spirits box, it looks like they only offer four different offerings in that box.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
          Actually, never mind, I see this posted at the website:

This product can only be shipped to Alaska, California, Florida, Idaho, Louisiana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Washington DC, West Virginia, and Wyoming.

...which leaves me out.

Ah well. Maybe just as well...unlike your spirits box, it looks like they only offer four different offerings in that box.
          I did not know they were not licensed to ship alcohol products into Washington. I also was unaware that there were duplicates in the box. I know I have tried a cab truffle in one of their shops but the set does not have one. It does make sense since cab grapes are knot grown in the Willamette valley. When I try them I will need to just go to a shop and pick the ones I want to try. I am much more interested in the bolder wines which do not come from the WIllamette valley. If they offered a Walla Walla or Rogue valley set that would be right up my alley.

Comment

I agree, it is a set of lighter wines (and dups), which holds little appeal for me, if they, in fact, were to change their shipping moratorium for WA.

Comment

Working...
            X