Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

I think you'll like the ADF book. I was expecting it to be a decent read, but it was better than that.
    Could not agree more...wasn't expecting a great deal, but ended up really enjoying it (more so than DARK STAR, which was an interesting read but not particularly satisfying).
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Received The Long Walk yesterday and couldn't be happier with it. It's another fantastic production from Centipede.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
        Received The Long Walk yesterday and couldn't be happier with it. It's another fantastic production from Centipede.
        Sure is:
        https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...IiULVnPvNTnIxA

Comment

The Long Walk looks great. I'm looking forward to getting my copy.

Comment

Re: THE LONG WALK: Lord, have I been pining for this book ever since it was revealed. I just reread it last year- after probably 20 or more years since the last reading- and was nervous about it holding up to the very high standards I've always had it at in my mind. It did not disappoint. It's easily the best Bachman Book, and among King's best stories full stop (still amazes me that he wrote this in college). I always dig the Keegan's work, but was/am not entirely convinced they were nailing the general vibe I've had in my head for so long. At least from the few images on the product page. I'm still waiting on mine, but curious to what ya'll think of the illos?

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post
              I always dig the Keegan's work, but was/am not entirely convinced they were nailing the general vibe I've had in my head for so long. At least from the few images on the product page. I'm still waiting on mine, but curious to what ya'll think of the illos?
              There's one full-page B&W interior that I'm not particular crazy about, but the rest of the (smaller) illustrations -- and especially the front and back covers -- look great. I thought they did a nice job, and it feels appropriate to the work.

And I can be kinda tough on artwork...I was all set to go for an AE of Suntup's THE GODFATHER, but the artwork just didn't hit me right so decided to skip it. I may change my mind down the road and buy the book in spite of the artwork, but at the moment it just doesn't work for me as a package.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

There's one full-page B&W interior that I'm not particular crazy about, but the rest of the (smaller) illustrations -- and especially the front and back covers -- look great. I thought they did a nice job, and it feels appropriate to the work.

And I can be kinda tough on artwork...I was all set to go for an AE of Suntup's THE GODFATHER, but the artwork just didn't hit me right so decided to skip it. I may change my mind down the road and buy the book in spite of the artwork, but at the moment it just doesn't work for me as a package.
                Thanks for you thoughts. I eagerly await the book, and have tried not to look too much ahead at what it looks like, instead, waiting to experience it as fresh as possible once in my hands. I agree about the illos in THE GODFATHER. They are not "bad" at all, but they also don't really inspire me to spend $150 on a book already on my shelf. I do applaud Paul's commitment to illustration in his books, and even if they don't always fit with what I have in my head, I admire the swings. If anything, I'd dig a numbered of that novel (which I really enjoyed reading, many years ago)- looks fantastic. Just too much scratch, unfortunately. I've come to realize- I just can't afford Suntup's books.

Comment

Got my shipping notice from Centipede. Looks like I'll have it in hand in about a week if USPS tracking is accurate.

Comment

Man, there are so many copies of The Long Walk popping up on eBay. While I know that the amount offered on the aftermarket is only a small portion of what Centipede actually sold, it definitely gives the impression that a lot of people bought this book to flip it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                      Man, there are so many copies of The Long Walk popping up on eBay. While I know that the amount offered on the aftermarket is only a small portion of what Centipede actually sold, it definitely gives the impression that a lot of people bought this book to flip it.
                      Man, it is almost like a cottage industry, but that seems to be the case with so many Small Press editions ltely.

Comment

Noticed the same thing. Also chuckled to myself when I saw the consignment copies currently being offered by Camelot ($255-Unsigned, $630-signed). Prices seem a little ridiculous.

Comment

Yeah, the Camelot consignment prices are pretty steep. Some of the more recent sales of the unsigned edition put it at around $200, while the signed edition seems to be going anywhere between $500-$700, so the $630 price puts it at higher end. With just how many are for sale on the market right now, I anticipate the price starting to fall. But I could be wrong. Right now, I'm just glad I got my copy straight from Centipede and I can call it a day.

The second DUNE book is coming out soon so I'm sure we'll see another surge in prices for the first book or the first two books with matching numbers and rights.

I was also really surprised at how fast the newest Cisco collection sold out. I know that the print run was only 300 and the price was relatively attractive at $75, but that really flew!

Comment

Yeah, the Camelot consignment prices are pretty steep. Some of the more recent sales of the unsigned edition put it at around $200, while the signed edition seems to be going anywhere between $500-$700, so the $630 price puts it at higher end. With just how many are for sale on the market right now, I anticipate the price starting to fall. But I could be wrong. Right now, I'm just glad I got my copy straight from Centipede and I can call it a day.

The second DUNE book is coming out soon so I'm sure we'll see another surge in prices for the first book or the first two books with matching numbers and rights.

I was also really surprised at how fast the newest Cisco collection sold out. I know that the print run was only 300 and the price was relatively attractive at $75, but that really flew!
                            Yeah, I was very intrigued by the Cisco book as well. Almost pulled the trigger but had never read or heard anything about/by this author before and couldn't really find anything online to give me more background. Because of that, I figured I would think on it for a few days and potentially pick-up a copy then if I still wanted it. Boy was I wrong!

Comment

It really is unfortunate to see eBay flooded with copies of a book clearly purchased only to flip. I suppose given that it's King, it was to be expected to some degree.

I might be one of those DUNE two-books-and-rights sellers...now two books in, I just don't know if I have the interest in the series to stay on the Numbered train always through the five volumes. Unlike the King, my intention was never to flip, but now two books in I do think I kind of jumped in without due consideration of the commitment in a series that never really flipped my switch to begin with.

I was surprised to see that Cisco move so quickly, too, but I'm sure it'll please his fans. I skipped it...that kind of horror-adjacent, Weird fiction just really doesn't do it for me anymore these days.

Comment

I got my shipping notice for Dune Messiah today. I remember back when Jerad was gauging interest for the five-book series I told him I would only be interested in the first book, but once I read it, I decided I want the set.

I've definitely been holding back on other books that pique my interest but I have no great attachment to, such as the Cisco book, and today's Poe release from Suntup. The Poe book looks like great value for the price, but I doubt I would ever get through it.

Comment

Working...
                                X