No announcement yet.

Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I'll keep the Dune talk going this morning. Anybody have any information as to what the signed Dune Messiah is going for on the aftermarket? There have been a couple of unsigned copies sold on eBay, but no signed editions yet. The previous seller that went from $4500 to $3500, subsequently put the book up for auction. It was around the $500 mark, but now the auction is listed as "ended" and not "sold" so maybe it was cancelled. The seller has posted another (the same?) book for sale at $1995. It just doesn't look like these books are popping up on the aftermarket that much, at least not without the first book attached.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      Well, I'll keep the Dune talk going this morning. Anybody have any information as to what the signed Dune Messiah is going for on the aftermarket? There have been a couple of unsigned copies sold on eBay, but no signed editions yet. The previous seller that went from $4500 to $3500, subsequently put the book up for auction. It was around the $500 mark, but now the auction is listed as "ended" and not "sold" so maybe it was cancelled. The seller has posted another (the same?) book for sale at $1995. It just doesn't look like these books are popping up on the aftermarket that much, at least not without the first book attached.
      It sounds like the seller cancelled the sale, despite having bids on it. Perhaps the bidding didn't get up to what they were hoping for, even though that's a dirty practice. There were a handful of people on Facebook that were bidding on it who were, understandably, ticked off.

Comment

Only copy I see of the signed Dune Messiah by itself is $2000...

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

It sounds like the seller cancelled the sale, despite having bids on it. Perhaps the bidding didn't get up to what they were hoping for, even though that's a dirty practice. There were a handful of people on Facebook that were bidding on it who were, understandably, ticked off.
          If the seller did cancel the sale, that's pretty unprofessional. I understand that you might not hit the dollar amount you'd like on an auction, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. I once sold a CD limited edition for 99 cents once because I only had one bidder at the opening price. It's not fun, but it is what it is. I would have a hard time doing business with a seller after they did something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
            He briefly had both auctions running simultaneously a couple of days ago. The newest listing just didn't disclose the book's number.

I haven't seen any public sales of DM so far.

Comment

Also coming in two or three weeks will be our two-volume Charles L. Grant set in the Masters of the Weird Tale series. As you know, this is a more expensive set of books and the signed copies will run about $325 per set.  I'm all in, anybody else??

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                Also coming in two or three weeks will be our two-volume Charles L. Grant set in the Masters of the Weird Tale series. As you know, this is a more expensive set of books and the signed copies will run about $325 per set. I'm all in, anybody else??
                Definitely. I’m not a MotWT completist…I have just three or four, but the Grant is definitely one I need. Oddly, I didn’t receive the newsletter this morning, so glad to hear it wasn’t up for order this week!
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Definitely. I’m not a MotWT completist…I have just three or four, but the Grant is definitely one I need. Oddly, I didn’t receive the newsletter this morning, so glad to hear it wasn’t up for order this week!
                  I will keep you posted.

Comment

Also coming in two or three weeks will be our two-volume Charles L. Grant set in the Masters of the Weird Tale series. As you know, this is a more expensive set of books and the signed copies will run about $325 per set. I'm all in, anybody else??
                    Wish I could swing this, but my May pre-orders from other publishers has already depleted my book funds big-time (2 from Lividian, 2 from Thunderstorm, 1 from SST, & 1 from PS). That being said, I'm really hoping that I can find a way to grab the McDowell book also mentioned in the newsletter when it is announced.

Comment

Yeah, I'm in. I always like Centipede's Masters of the Weird Tales series, but some are a lot harder of a sell to me than others. This one is a slam dunk.

Comment

Also coming in two or three weeks will be our two-volume Charles L. Grant set in the Masters of the Weird Tale series. As you know, this is a more expensive set of books and the signed copies will run about $325 per set.  I'm all in, anybody else??
                        I love this series but have very few in my collection....and at that price I think I'm going to have to choose between this and the Weird Tales titles coming down the line...despite his output and reputation, I'm just not familiar enough with Grant's work to pull the trigger 

Comment

Originally posted by Chuggers View Post

I love this series but have very few in my collection....and at that price I think I'm going to have to choose between this and the Weird Tales titles coming down the line...despite his output and reputation, I'm just not familiar enough with Grant's work to pull the trigger 
                          Eat some Ramen for awhile and get both.  I can't count the number of lunches I skipped to buy books back in the olden days HAHAH!!!

Comment

Looks like the price for 'We Have Always Lived in the Castle' was bumped up to $600.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
                              Looks like the price for 'We Have Always Lived in the Castle' was bumped up to $600.
                              Yeah, that price tag is gonna sting. I’m super excited about the McDowell and Grant books, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
                                  I will be totally upfront about this one, it is going to get bundled and sold to fund my book collecting for the next two years LOL!!  Matching # 96 if anyone is interested, just giving Y'all a heads up.

Comment

Working...
                                X