Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Wow. Thanks for that post with the background as to that particular image cover. Granted I only took a superficial look at it, but even if I spent an hour staring at the thing, I probably wouldn't have pulled together the thought process in the quote you posted. I definitely appreciate the piece a lot more. Thanks again for posting that!
    Same here -- thanks, Ron, I had no idea of the influences Whelan incorporated, let alone that the whole thing was largely inspired by Jimi Hendrix!
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I see the thumbnail for John Brunner's 'The Shockwave Rider' is up on the CP site, projecting a Sept release. The cover looks great, I look forward to seeing the rest of the illustrations.

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyM View Post
        I see the thumbnail for John Brunner's 'The Shockwave Rider' is up on the CP site, projecting a Sept release. The cover looks great, I look forward to seeing the rest of the illustrations.
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shockwave_Rider

MeToo!

Comment

Holy crap! The Charles Grant Masters of the Weird Tale sold out FAST. I couldn’t even get the website to load before it sold out. I hope everyone who wanted one got one.

Comment

Holy crap! The Charles Grant Masters of the Weird Tale sold out FAST. I couldn’t even get the website to load before it sold out. I hope everyone who wanted one got one.
            I don't feel so bad checking on it hours later. Went to see the new Spider-Verse movie, so I didn't get home until a few afters it went on sale. Besides, the cover price was a bit steep for a blind buy.

Regardless, it looks like a great book and congrats to those who got one.

Comment

Grant A.jpg
               The Grant MOWT and a few others.

Comment

Fantastic pic, Mike -- always great to see Grant's name remembered and his work valued, and so many interested buyers -- most, presumably, fans -- this morning. Fortunately, I'm able to count myself among them, and am really looking forward to receiving it and someday soon revisiting his work.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  Fantastic pic, Mike -- always great to see Grant's name remembered and his work valued, and so many interested buyers -- most, presumably, fans -- this morning. Fortunately, I'm able to count myself among them, and am really looking forward to receiving it and someday soon revisiting his work.
                    Ron, and anybody else in the area, I will be in Seattle to see our kids in August.  It would be great to get a meal or a cup of coffee, depending on everybody's availability.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

Ron, and anybody else in the area, I will be in Seattle to see our kids in August. It would be great to get a meal or a cup of coffee, depending on everybody's availability.
                    I know we have some trips scheduled off and on during the summer (with both kids now graduated from college, we have a bit more time and travel budget), but if schedules align, you bet, that’d be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I know we have some trips scheduled off and on during the summer (with both kids now graduated from college, we have a bit more time and travel budget), but if schedules align, you bet, that’d be fun.
                      I understand, we're both retired now and getting out and about More.  If it doesn't work this time, we'll be back LOL!!

Comment

For anybody that missed out, Ziesings just listed copies of the Grant set, signed & unsigned.

B

Comment

I'm tempted, but I have to remember my *buying a house*buying a house*buying a house* mantra . . .

Oooh - they do have the Blackwater Centipede set for $1700 - my asking way back with for $750 seems like a HUGE bargain now.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                            I'm tempted, but I have to remember my *buying a house*buying a house*buying a house* mantra . . .

Oooh - they do have the Blackwater Centipede set for $1700 - my asking way back with for $750 seems like a HUGE bargain now.
                              Good Lord, 1700.00 for Blackwater....

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

Â Good Lord, 1700.00 for Blackwater....
                              Â
                              BLACKWATER is one of my favorite projects from Centipede, but I could certainly be convinced to give up my set for $1700.

Ziesing has been around a very long time, so presumably they know market value of their offerings...but, man, that pricing still seems awfully high. If it's not, I guess the secondary market for small-press limited editions is healthier than I'd ever give it credit for.

Comment

I haven't read Blackwater yet (I have the CP and AE from Suntup and I think a Kindle version too) and I hate the idea of selling books. I collect because I like them, but $1700 would be hard to refuse. Hell, if someone offered me $1300 I'd have a hard time saying no.

Comment

Working...
                                X