X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    A visit to Centipede’s website shows that we’re getting a Library of Weird Fiction volume for Frank Belknap Long. I don’t remember hearing that this was in the works, but I’m glad it is. I’ll settle for this versus dropping $900+ on a copy of the MotWT volume.
    That great news -- definitely in for a copy of that.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    A visit to Centipede’s website shows that we’re getting a Library of Weird Fiction volume for Frank Belknap Long. I don’t remember hearing that this was in the works, but I’m glad it is. I’ll settle for this versus dropping $900+ on a copy of the MotWT volume.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Got my shipment of THE ARCHITECT OF SLEEP, THE SWORDS OF LANKHMAR, and the Alan Dean Foster book on its way, Really looking forward to the Foster book.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    If Centipede does the sequel, that would be really cool.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

I did go for it after hearing that Dune won't be out until at least the last week of August. The other thing that swayed me was that Jerad hopes to publish the sequel. Apparently it was written, but never published, and if the author likes the treatment of the first book, and I guess the response from the collector world, he may let Jerad publish the next book.
    That would be really cool! Fingers crossed for you and anyone else who picked up the title.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Great point about this title. Seems like fans of this book would love to see a follow-up to this story and maybe this is something the Author and Jerad can make happen.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Anyone picking up a copy of The Architect of Sleep? Thought about it but ultimately passing on this. Just pinching pennies a bit these days.
    I did go for it after hearing that Dune won't be out until at least the last week of August. The other thing that swayed me was that Jerad hopes to publish the sequel. Apparently it was written, but never published, and if the author likes the treatment of the first book, and I guess the response from the collector world, he may let Jerad publish the next book.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Too many $100 (more or less) books coming at us every other day it seems. Think we're reaching the tipping point.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I certainly feel that way as well. One of the few times I've actually caught a title before they are sold out or one that is at a price point I could consider.

Oh well. Passing on it as Fantasy isn't really in my wheel house these days.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I always feel as though I’m making a mistake by passing on any Centipede release,

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Anyone picking up a copy of The Architect of Sleep? Thought about it but ultimately passing on this. Just pinching pennies a bit these days.
    I always feel as though I’m making a mistake by passing on any Centipede release, but I did pass on this one. Fantasy just isn’t my thing, and reading up on it the book apparently ends midstream, on a bit of a cliffhanger, with no chance the other four volumes that the author saw necessary to complete the story will ever see the light of day. With those two issues at play, I couldn’t pull the trigger at $100. I might’ve opted for a copy as a curiosity, see what the acclaim is all about, but $100 just isn’t in the cards, unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    That was basically how I felt. I looked at it, read a few reviews, thought about it, and realized I have no attachment to this book or story. However there is a $150 lettered, of a story I love, from an author that I like, which I keep not buying because I had become sidetracked by purchases like this. Trying really hard to get this lettered and bypass spontaneous purchases.

Originally posted by Splync View Post

I'm passing as well. I'm sure it's a good novel, but I can't afford to be spending on $100 on random titles these days...

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    I'm passing as well. I'm sure it's a good novel, but I can't afford to be spending on $100 on random titles these days...

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    As a thought, and then maybe Dan should move these posts elsewhere, do not forgot about places like Camelot books which offer no payment now pre-orders on many new releases. But I've laid off of them as well because, you know, eventually those need to be paid for as well. I have a two book backlog of pay laters that need cleared out before I will incur any more cost. The money for both books is sitting in a separate account waiting.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by swintek View Post
    Just venting a little bit, but I'll tell you what it makes me do- it makes me want to put my wallet back and go without- ANY of them. Might be a weird reaction, but it really makes me stop and reevaluate what I do with my dwindling funds these days. It used to be that one could keep up with a good general collection of most of the new releases every few weeks or so, and on a reasonable budget. Not anymore.
    I understand the impulse to be frustrated when feeling overwhelmed with too many choices (and not an infinite budget), but just try to focus on selective priorities and not get distracted. Easier said than done, I know, with the FOMO we all have amid the rush of offerings posted just about every week. Heck, I wish I had more of that focus myself…example, I’m trying really hard to resist THE GHOUL AND THE CAPE, and I don’t even like Malerman. But I’d like to think I’m getting better.
    Last edited by RonClinton; 06-29-2021, 06:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X