No announcement yet.

Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a new one to me, too. I'll have to look into that.
    http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I haven't read anything from Masterson, but my copy of Hell Candidate arrived today. Who knows when it'll get read but it's there for when that time comes.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

That’s one I haven’t read. Kind of surprising that I haven’t, as World War II -set horror always catches my attention.
        It is a good creepy read. A slim volume full of demonic atmosphere.

Comment

Anyone ever read "Hellstone" by Steven Spruil? Thinking of picking this one up and am hoping that someone can push me over the edge. Also, just noticed that SubPress has a pre-order for it available even though Centipede hasn't announced yet.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
            Anyone ever read "Hellstone" by Steven Spruil? Thinking of picking this one up and am hoping that someone can push me over the edge. Also, just noticed that SubPress has a pre-order for it available even though Centipede hasn't announced yet.
            I have not—and I’ve never even heard of it before this release— but I’m excited to read this one. 

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I have not—and I’ve never even heard of it before this release— but I’m excited to read this one.Â
              Me too, it sounds bonkers! I think I'm going to pre-order.

Comment

I have the original paperback 1st of it which I still haven’t read, even though I’ve had it for many years, so I think in this case I’m going to hold off on the Centipede reprint. Probably save my pennies for next week.
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I splurged on the Spruill book- even though I'd never heard of it until today- purely because of my inner child's love and awe for the Loch Ness Monster. I'm sure many of us older folks remember In Search Of? And, it just has really good vibes. Neat!

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post
                    I splurged on the Spruill book- even though I'd never heard of it until today- purely because of my inner child's love and awe for the Loch Ness Monster. I'm sure many of us older folks remember In Search Of? And, it just has really good vibes. Neat!
                    I ended up splurging too!  Nessie & druids, sign me up!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

I ended up splurging too! Nessie & druids, sign me up!
                      Nice! In fact- I just received it. And, it has all the cool vibes I suspected. Also, it is HEAVILY illustrated. I mean, there's a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                        I have the original paperback 1st of it which I still haven’t read, even though I’ve had it for many years, so I think in this case I’m going to hold off on the Centipede reprint. Probably save my pennies for next week.
                        This another half forgotten, paperback original title from unlikely publisher, The Playboy Press. Editor, Ray Russell, was a horror author himself and published some really good and eclectic titles like (I believe) Blood Innocents, Closed Circle, the Russ Martin series and some Charles Grant anthologies. This might make a nice research article for Weird Fiction Review. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Eric Vornoff View Post

This another half forgotten, paperback original title from unlikely publisher, The Playboy Press. Editor, Ray Russell, was a horror author himself and published some really good and eclectic titles like (I believe) Blood Innocents, Closed Circle, the Russ Martin series and some Charles Grant anthologies. This might make a nice research article for Weird Fiction Review. Thanks
                          I have actually given thought to Playboy Press for my CtMM in WFR, but the interview-heavy, collectible-focused approach I like to utilize wouldn’t work, unfortunately. But it’s interesting that you mention author/editor Ray Russell…he’s someone who certainly deserves attention.
                          Last edited by RonClinton; 09-12-2024, 02:44 PM.
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Working...
                          X