• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

What's the remaining title?
    THE FAR CRY by Fredric Brown.

Oh, and I was incorrect...there are two crime titles I still need: The other one is THE PLASTIC NIGHTMARE by Richard Neely.

Both of these titles are incredibly scarce...no idea if I'll ever have a shot at either, but I remain hopeful.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Thanks. It wasn’t too bad…more than I would’ve preferred to pay, but less than what I’ve seen other copies go for (on those very rare occasions when they pop up), so in that Happy Medium range, I suppose. Definitely thrilled to have this one in hand, and looking forward to reading all that supplemental short fiction, might even revisit the novel. This was the Big One for me.

I think that only leaves one Centipede crime title that I still need, so I guess that’s now Number One with a Bullet. But if it never happens I’ll still sleep contentedly with this Fisher volume on my shelf.
    What's the remaining title?

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied

Congratulations! That’s a HUGE add! I know you’ve been looking for one for a while and it looks like you found a beautiful copy. Hope it didn’t cost you both an arm AND a leg, because those bad boys are not cheap if and when you can find one. Must be nice to have that bad boy on the shelf!
    Thanks. It wasn’t too bad…more than I would’ve preferred to pay, but less than what I’ve seen other copies go for (on those very rare occasions when they pop up), so in that Happy Medium range, I suppose. Definitely thrilled to have this one in hand, and looking forward to reading all that supplemental short fiction, might even revisit the novel. This was the Big One for me.

I think that only leaves one Centipede crime title that I still need, so I guess that’s now Number One with a Bullet. But if it never happens I’ll still sleep contentedly with this Fisher volume on my shelf.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied

…aaannd that one, Steve Fisher’s I WAKE UP SCREAMING, went up today:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...088052224?s=21
    Congratulations! That’s a HUGE add! I know you’ve been looking for one for a while and it looks like you found a beautiful copy. Hope it didn’t cost you both an arm AND a leg, because those bad boys are not cheap if and when you can find one. Must be nice to have that bad boy on the shelf!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied

I picked up another — quite possibly my (older) Centipede grail — a few days ago…should see that one in a week or so.
    …aaannd that one, Steve Fisher’s I WAKE UP SCREAMING, went up today:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...088052224?s=21

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    I have a good feeling LOL!!!

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    What a great Newsletter this week. I'm really looking forward to Charles L. Grant/Robert Chambers/M.R. James MOWT! Of course, talk of another Bradbury title is very exciting. Powers of Darkness sounds very interesting....
    The Grant set was announced a couple of years ago. I have been impatiently waiting for the official announcement. Hopefully in the next year or so

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    No sweat — thanks for the notice it’s there…I’ll track it down tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Looks like the link just goes to the home page and I can’t edit it out. Sorry!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    From what I remember the price was the same. I don’t know which is more rare or if there is any way to track down that info.

Here’s the link to Camelot’s page which shows a picture of the red boards:

What was the second binding for THE OTHER?
    Fredric Brown is simply out of his mind, and once you read this completely out of hand take on greed, sex and death in the carny, you'll wonder how in the hell he can pack so much story in so little space. Madball -- told primarily through the eyes of Dr

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Very cool additions, Ron. As always, I am very jealous. I've been eyeballing MADBALL on Camelot's website for awhile but can't get myself to pull the trigger on it due to price. $500, I think. They did have the other binding listed previously with the red boards, which I also liked, but it sold pretty quickly.
    So there are two different bindings within the limitation? I know he did that with a few (Tryon’s THE OTHER comes to mind), but didn’t realize he did that with MADBALL as well. Good to know. I take it then that the red-board variant is the scarcer of the two (or was it just priced more friendly by Camelot?)?

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Very cool additions, Ron. As always, I am very jealous. I've been eyeballing MADBALL on Camelot's website for awhile but can't get myself to pull the trigger on it due to price. $500, I think. They did have the other binding listed previously with the red boards, which I also liked, but it sold pretty quickly.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    That cover has a cool illusion of movement. I like it.

It’s truly an interesting material that was used.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    That cover has a cool illusion of movement. I like it.

…and the other recent Centipede rarity, MADBALL, went up today:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...562978818?s=21

I picked up another — quite possibly my (older) Centipede grail — a few days ago…should see that one in a week or so.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    …and the other recent Centipede rarity, MADBALL, went up today:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...562978818?s=21

Leave a comment:

Working...
X