X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Ron got a shout out in the CP Newsletter this morning!
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I saw that, too! Congratulations, Ron! Now I should really get around to reading my copies of WFR.
    Thanks, guys — Covid’s impact on Jerad’s publishing schedule delayed this one from its usual Winter release, but I’m glad to see it hit the streets at last. If you pick it up, hope you dig my BOOKS OF BLOOD feature.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Issue #11 of Centipede Press’ WEIRD FICTION REVIEW was announced this morning and is shipping next week! This new issue features my "Collecting the Modern Macabre" article on the history and the four separate limited-edition states of Clive Barker’s BOOKS OF BLOOD. There are numerous interviews in it with authors and publishers alike.

Available for order at: http://centipedepress.com/anthologies/wfreview11.html .

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Congrats, Ron S., looks great!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by swintek View Post

For anyone interested (and to not further derail this thread), I've put the recent Big Holy Grail Purchase I mentioned earlier here- in my Lovecraft thread over at Thedarktower.org. I'll not link directly to it here as I'm unsure of the proper protocol of this fine site for such, but, it's easily found over there.
    That book looks gorgeous! Congratulations! I really need to do a deeper dive into Lovecraft. I’ve read a handful of stories and they’ve never really struck a nerve (I did like “Pickman’s Model” a lot), but I feel that one has to get into Lovecraft’s cadence of storytelling to truly appreciate what he does and I just haven’t devoted the time.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    I saw that, too! Congratulations, Ron! Now I should really get around to reading my copies of WFR.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

Thanks! Yes, I put the earlier, "regular" numbered edition from 2006 in the photos as well. That earlier volume is the nicest (to me) book I've ever owned. It has brought me years of joy. I just upgraded it, considerably!
    They both look like fantastic productions. Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

Although I am not a Lovecraft fan I think that is beautiful. Do you have two editions there? I will post the link The Collectible H.P.Lovecraft (thedarktower.org)
    Thanks! Yes, I put the earlier, "regular" numbered edition from 2006 in the photos as well. That earlier volume is the nicest (to me) book I've ever owned. It has brought me years of joy. I just upgraded it, considerably!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

For anyone interested (and to not further derail this thread), I've put the recent Big Holy Grail Purchase I mentioned earlier here- in my Lovecraft thread over at Thedarktower.org. I'll not link directly to it here as I'm unsure of the proper protocol of this fine site for such, but, it's easily found over there.
    Although I am not a Lovecraft fan I think that is beautiful. Do you have two editions there? I will post the link The Collectible H.P.Lovecraft (thedarktower.org)

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied

Okey Doke. I hear what you're saying, and I agree. Let's get it in my hands first.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    As a Lovecraft fan, are you chomping at the bit for Centipede’s forthcoming letterpress edition of At The Mountains of Madness?
    When I met Jerad a while back, I saw some of this book coming together. I won't share anything other than that, but it's definitely going to be something.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied

Please post if your willing to do so upon arrival. Even if it is super “niche-y”, I enjoy seeing what others are interested in and passionate about. It helps to broaden my horizons.
    Okey Doke. I hear what you're saying, and I agree. Let's get it in my hands first.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied

Please post if your willing to do so upon arrival. Even if it is super “niche-y”, I enjoy seeing what others are interested in and passionate about. It helps to broaden my horizons.
    Well said (and agree).

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied

Not talking about it until it's in my hands. Even then, it's so,, niche-y, I doubt anyone here would have much interest. Just something right up my weird alley.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Enquiring minds want to know...
    Not talking about it until it's in my hands. Even then, it's so,, niche-y, I doubt anyone here would have much interest. Just something right up my weird alley.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X