Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joejets
    replied
    Had been receiving the newsletter every week, this week no newsletter, and not in spam either.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    I bought a signed copy this morning. Though I've yet to read Grabinski, I've always meant to, and figure this will be the right way to do it. Can't wait, as this sounds right up my Weird, Bleak alley.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I wish those unsigned copies would hurry up and sell out…I’ve visited the page at least a half-dozen times since this morning, and each time I feel my resolve weakening. If the discount was more than ten bucks, or now $285, maybe something closer to $200 or $225, I’d probably spring for a copy, figuring I’d certainly read it at some point down the road.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    I really wish Jerad did Library of Weird Fiction titles for each of the Master of the Weird Tale releases.

I know that sort of takes away from the extravagance of the MotWT titles, but I love having the smaller and more affordable volumes.

I passed on today's title, but I'll still have to check the author out.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Thanks, Ron. Your “he’s quite good” makes me feel better about adding this to the collection. I like buying books by authors I’m unfamiliar with, but a $300 price tag for such an author gives me pause.
    His work is indeed quite good, but is, for me, rather difficult to describe, just as they’re not easy reads to digest nor, sometimes, understand. Often oblique, his paranoiac fever dreams focus on the inevitability of doom and hopelessness on the surrealist hostilities and manifestations of psyche his characters battle. It’s esoteric and of a rather decadent European flavor, and my current mood just couldn’t abide 700 pages of that right now. I know I’ll kick myself in a few years, though…fortunately I still have Ash Tree’s HC of THE MOTION DEMON to help soothe the loss.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Thanks, Ron. Your “he’s quite good” makes me feel better about adding this to the collection. I like buying books by authors I’m unfamiliar with, but a $300 price tag for such an author gives me pause.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    The new signed Masters of the Weird Tale sold out fast! I went to the website right after getting the newsletter at 830 and it was gone. Reason number one why I like being a subscriber.

Anybody familiar with Grabinksi’s work?
    I have the Ash Tree collection, and decided that was adequate for me. Been mulling this one over for the last week, but am content with my decision…mostly. He’s quite good, so it was a difficult choice to make.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    The new signed Masters of the Weird Tale sold out fast! I went to the website right after getting the newsletter at 830 and it was gone. Reason number one why I like being a subscriber.

Anybody familiar with Grabinksi’s work?

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    That's got to be at least a solid decade's worth of releases if 75%+ end up happening.
    Somebody else pointed out that CP does about 25 books a year, so yes, it will be a long and winding road lol!! Push, Jerad always drops a few surprise titles, so we will see.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I've almost bought this twice since the newsletter. Think I'm passing but I will regret it later. I hadn't read this book but sounds like something I would get a kick out of.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

On a related note, I’m kind of surprised to see signed/#d copies of the Hallahan novel still available for order more than 24 hours after offering. Feels like it’s been a while since each offering is an almost instant sell-out.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    That's got to be at least a solid decade's worth of releases if 75%+ end up happening.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    He missed one: I recall a newsletter (?) mention of a MotWT volume of Joseph Payne Brennan. As a huge JPB fan, that mention was burned on my memory, and I hope each week it’ll be up for order…so far, no luck, but I’ll be there for a copy when it is.

On a related note, I’m kind of surprised to see signed/#d copies of the Hallahan novel still available for order more than 24 hours after offering. Feels like it’s been a while since each offering is an almost instant sell-out.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Hi Everybody, Hope you are having nice Easter Monday. A friend of mine over at the Centipede Press Collectors page, Logan Giannini, put in a lot of work to compile of list projected upcoming Centipede releases. Some of this is based on Science (SWAG), so on wishful thinking, Wild Ass Rumor (WAR) and some is base on legit info. Enjoy as you will! I certainly see some titles I would love to add to my collection. I'm looking at you Charles L. Grant!!

--Maynard's House by Herman Raucher
    --Children of the Kingdom by T.E.D. Klein
    --Swords and Ice Magic by Fritz Leiber
    --Powers of Darkness by Bram Stoker
    --The Book of the New Sun by Gene Wolfe (series reprint)
    --The Dying Earth by Jack Vance
    --The House Next Door by Anne River Siddons
    --Ringworld by Larry Niven
    --The Search for Joseph Tully by William H. Hallahan
    --Let's Go Play At the Adams' by Mendal W. Johnson
    --Mad Man (Lafferty Vol. 7) by R. A. Lafferty
    --Dune (core series) by Frank Herbert
    --The Shockwave Rider by John Brunner
    --The Man Who Fell to Earth by Walter Tevis
    --Shadowland by Peter Straub
    --Ghost Story by Peter Straub
    --MOSF Jack Dann
    --MOSF Pamela Sargent
    --MOSF Frederic Brown
    --LoWF Frank Belknap Long
    --MotWT Stefan Grabinski
    --MotWT Charles L. Grant
    --MotWT Clark Ashton Smith
    --MotWT Jon Metcalfe
    --MotWT M.R. James
    --MotWT Clark Ashton Smith
    --MotWT Donald Wandrei
    -- MotWT Robert W. Chambers
    -- MotWT J. Sheridan Le Fanu
    -- MotWT E. F. Benson (2 volume set)
    -- MotWT W. C. Morrow
    --The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami
    --The Club Dumas by Arturo Perez-Reverte
    --Lord of Light by Roger Zelazny
    --Geek Love by Katharine Dunn
    --At the Mountains of Madness by H.P. Lovecraft
    --Count Zero by William Gibson
    --Studies in Horror Films: The Thing
    --Studies in Horror Films: Phantasm
    --Studies in Horror Films: The Omen
    --Studies in Horror Films: Salem's Lot (2nd edition)
    --Studies in Horror Films: The Shining (2nd editions)
    --The Senile Pagodas by Rhys Hughes
    --The Red Tree by Caitlin Kiernan
    --The Day After Judgement by James Blish
    --Mines of Behemoth by Michael Shea
    --The A'rak by Michael Shea
    --Epistles From Lebnoi by Michael Shea
    --The Autopsy by Michael Shea (reprint)
    --Dying Inside by Robert Silverberg
    --Thorns by Robert Silverberg
    --Nightwings by Robert Silverberg
    --Cold Moon Over Babylon by Michael McDowell
    --Alice in Wonderland (with Dali illustrations) by Lewis Carroll
    --Alligator by Shelley Katz
    --We Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
    --Untitled Guy de Maupassant Collection
    --Burn Witch Burn by A. Merritt
    --Feesters in the Lake by Bob Leman
    --A Warning to the Curious by M.R. James
    --The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson (budget edition)
    --The Sound of His Horn by Sarban
    --Neuromancer by William Gibson
    --The Spirit of the Place by Elizabeth Walter
    --The Dragon Waiting by John M. Ford
    --The Satan Series (4 volumes) by Brian McNaughton
    --Untitled Frederic Brown horror collection
    --The Cipher by Kathe Koja
    --Elizabeth by Ken Greenhall
    --Childgrave by Ken Greenhall
    --Babel-17/Empire Star by Samuel Delaney (single volume?)
    --The Dreamthief's Daughter by Michael Moorcock
    --Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (Bernie Wrightson illustrations)
    --Savage Bride by Cornell Woolrich
    --The Doom Stone by Cornell Woolrich
    --Death is My Dancing Partner by Cornell Woolrich
    --Starfish by Peter Watts
    --Maelstrom by Peter Watts
    --Behemoth: B-Max by Peter Watts
    --Terror Nova/Terror Antiqua by Somtow Sucharitkul (2 volume set)
    --Great Ship Tales Collection by Robert Reed
    --Mona Lisa Overdrive by William Gibson

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Yeah, both of those are pretty hard to find. I mean, you can get them at Camelot, but THE FAR CRY is a cool grand. THE PLASTIC NIGHTMARE is reasonable in comparison at $495, but those are both at the high end of the market price. Older Centipede Press books are popping up with a little more frequency in the aftermarket now, so I'm sure that these will turn up. Hopefully at a price that fits your budget!
    Thanks -- from your lips to the Book Gods ears. I try not to kick myself for passing on them initially -- I have the Black Lizard paperbacks, I thought, why do I need another edition? -- but it gets tough when the books are so damned expensive now. Ah well, live and learn.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Yeah, both of those are pretty hard to find. I mean, you can get them at Camelot, but THE FAR CRY is a cool grand. THE PLASTIC NIGHTMARE is reasonable in comparison at $495, but those are both at the high end of the market price. Older Centipede Press books are popping up with a little more frequency in the aftermarket now, so I'm sure that these will turn up. Hopefully at a price that fits your budget!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X