Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    My tentative plan for the latest deal is to attempt to use stuff oldest to newest. So ideally every grab bag will at least have a couple fairly old titles in them. But honestly (depending on how many we sell) every book in the grab bag could be fairly old). I'm looking to avoid stuff from the last couple of years, and I'm attempting to clear our our oldest storage area, as I have plans for that space.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    The price suggests that this latest deal is mutually beneficial.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Today's offer should be pretty good for newer customers. Should be getting sent out to the CDCC soonish.

Also the link for the next bonus item should be getting emailed out this week.
    I probably do not qualify as new but I jumped on this. Will most likely get duplicates and I have resisted a few recent release so who knows. The duplicates will get traded at Powell’s for credit.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Today's offer should be pretty good for newer customers. Should be getting sent out to the CDCC soonish.

Also the link for the next bonus item should be getting emailed out this week.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I have been real lucky with USPS. The only exceptions are when there is and envelope that says do not bend it is interpreted as bend gently. And when a parcel is just large enough to fit into my box he does not place it in a parcel locker. The problem is that the opening in the postman’s side is larger than mine. I have spent several minutes extracting a book with damaging on way too many occasions.
    Things were great with USPS until this year. Same mail carrier so don’t understand what is going on. Anyway I did really like what I got and am looking forward to the latest offer arriving.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    The other reason we say that, is because there's always the couple people who order 3 or 4 and often times there's nothing I can do about that but give people duplicates.
    I think I have only ordered multiples once when the copy specifically stated you would build the boxes based on how many were purchased to ensure more duplicates.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Went with Fed EX shipping. I have had several packages �� go missing recently including one from CD and didn’t handle the situation very well and ended up apologizing for it. I was frustrated and took it out on the wrong person. So now I am going with a more reliable shipping option. The post office was not very helpful
    I have been real lucky with USPS. The only exceptions are when there is and envelope that says do not bend it is interpreted as bend gently. And when a parcel is just large enough to fit into my box he does not place it in a parcel locker. The problem is that the opening in the postman’s side is larger than mine. I have spent several minutes extracting a book with damaging on way too many occasions.
    Last edited by Martin; 02-27-2020, 06:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Dan is going to try really hard to make sure people who purchase two on the SAME order don't get duplicates. We didn't "promise" that in the sales copy, just because mistakes do happen, but he and his team in the warehouse do try to figure out how to make two completely different sets on this sort of deal. Sometimes it isn't possible, but I believe it should be on this one.

Brian
    The other reason we say that, is because there's always the couple people who order 3 or 4 and often times there's nothing I can do about that but give people duplicates.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    That was quick. USPS says Accepted for mine. Of course it could be waiting for me when I get home. That happened with Brother recently.
    Went with Fed EX shipping. I have had several packages �� go missing recently including one from CD and didn’t handle the situation very well and ended up apologizing for it. I was frustrated and took it out on the wrong person. So now I am going with a more reliable shipping option. The post office was not very helpful

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    I did not think about buying two. Hope you don’t get duplicates.
    Dan is going to try really hard to make sure people who purchase two on the SAME order don't get duplicates. We didn't "promise" that in the sales copy, just because mistakes do happen, but he and his team in the warehouse do try to figure out how to make two completely different sets on this sort of deal. Sometimes it isn't possible, but I believe it should be on this one.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I passed on this one. I just got my 2 for $20 in the mail today and am very pleased with the 2 books I received..........and then I saw my credit balance and said what the heck and ordered one.
    That was quick. USPS says Accepted for mine. Of course it could be waiting for me when I get home. That happened with Brother recently.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by pumpheel View Post
    Hope I don't too but that's what Ebay is for!
    I use Powell’s books for trading away my duplicates.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    I passed on this one. I just got my 2 for $20 in the mail today and am very pleased with the 2 books I received..........and then I saw my credit balance and said what the heck and ordered one.
    Last edited by bookworm 1; 02-27-2020, 02:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• pumpheel
    replied
    Hope I don't too but that's what Ebay is for!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by pumpheel View Post
    Bought two with my good old CD credit account.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X