No announcement yet.

Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't help if the movie sucks though. Prob gonna see it Tuesday. We skipped two movie tuesdays already. time to get back into our routine.

Comment

I went and saw Dark Shadows today...personally, I really liked it! And Michelle Pfeiffer still looks amazing...the b(#T$*....just kidding...not to reveal the ending in case some of you guys didn't see it yet....seems like they left room for a sequel.....just a thought....

Comment

Offspring: The problem with these movies is that they show surface story but very little of the depth. Some of what I saw confused me, though I understood a lot from having read TheWoman (I'm guessing the gimp in the cave was the current cow of the family). There's a story here worth telling and I'm sure Ketchum did it justice, but a movie simply can't. And in the end, the movie's not really that good.

1.5/5
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Just saw the Avengers. I'd say 4/5. I wish Norton would have returned as Banner/The Hulk but I like Mark Ruffalo and thought he did a good job. Looking forward to the next installment and the various sequels they are doing.

Comment

Men in Black 3. I was pleasantly surprised by this one. 15 years after a horrendous sequel to a decent film did not give me much hope, but I'm gonna say it's the best of the three. It's got two brilliantly imagined aliens: Boris the Animal ("It's just Boris!"), who has killer body appendages and Griffin, a sweet-natured alien who exists in the 5th dimension, knowing all possible outcomes and consequences; a terrificly exciting finale set piece; and a post-mortem reveal that puts the whole series in perspective. But most of all it's got Josh Brolin. Brolin is the glue holding all the elements together. Casting him as a younger version of Tommy Lee Jones is quite simply perfect, and Brolin is just that. You'll swear that Jones dubbed some of Brolin's line, but he didn't. Without Brolin's believability, the whole thing crumbles. Some of the effects looked like transfers for 3D, but it doesn't take away from the enjoyment of MiB3. And if you don't think about them, neither will the paradoxes of the concept of time travel.

4/5
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

That's good to hear. I didn't think MiB2 was as bad as everyone thought it was. The plot was kinda weak, but I thought it was still funny and enjoyable.
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I enjoyed them both. Going to see MIB3 June 5th. Can't this week, we are taking Masons mother to see The Five-Year Engagment which is in the shitty theatre with no stadium seating and unconfortable seat. I dont know why they don't make them all the same. Did you watch it in 3D squire? I never go to 3D and some of them look so stupid because of it and it takes away from the movie.

Comment

No, I saw this one in 2D. Don't think it really matters for this one though.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Good Good! I hate 3D, of course. Can't wait to see it.

Comment

One week from today...Prometheus!

sk

Comment

Two weeks to go here in the staets. Grrrr........
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Journey 2 7/10

Had its Stupid moments and was one of those obviously supposed to be 3d ones where certain part just look horrible but overall it kept me entertained.

Comment

Diggstown. James Woods as a con-man out to settle a score with the sleazy, rat-tooothed owner (Bruce Dern--who does rat-toothed sleaze better?) of a small southern boxing town. The bet: find a man who can knock out any 10 Diggstown men in a 24-hour period. One of 1992's most underrated movies with Woods, Louis Gossett Jr, and Oliver Platt doing some of their best work. Throws in a nasty bit of racism in the third act that doesn't quite sit well with the rest of the light-heartnedness of the whiole thing, but all-in-all, a terrific little movie.

4/5
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Bernie: An beloved assistant funeral director in a small east Texas town befriends the town's recently widowed...bitch and eventually murders her. Not a belly-laugh movie, but a droll comedy that might even make you wonder why you're watching it. But it's a finely-tuned character study based on a true story by the director of School of Rock and Dazed and Confused. And Jack Black is truly miraculous in the title role. This is the best performance not only of Black's career, but of the year so far. And Matthew McConaughey is actually pretty good here (he doesn't take his shirt off so he doesn't have to worry about his abs which allows him to concentrate of creating a character!) This is not going to be a movie for everybody and it's not really a big screen movie, but if you don't mind a laid back character-driven comedy, give it a chance. I'm glad I did.

4/5
                              Last edited by srboone; 05-27-2012, 07:37 PM.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I love Matthew McConaughey(I copied ur spelling, it doesn't seem right but I'll go with it) and its his voice/accent I love. Although he is pretty nice to look at as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X