No announcement yet.

Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big movie weekend for me. Me and my wife watched Prometheus and John Carter. We both really enjoyed both movies however Prometheus garners a 3.5 (to a 4)/5 and John Carter 3/5.

Both could be re-watched for totally different reasons however both were excellent.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Saw Prometheus again and enjoyed it more the second time around. I'd add the words "epic" and :haunting"to my review. Alot of the mixed reviews have to do with the unanswered questions that the movie raises and confusion as to how it fits into the Alien mythology. That's for a sequel to resolve.

I will say that now I've seen this in 2D and 3D Imax. I much prefer 3D because the images are not intrusive to the enjoyment of the movie and actually enhnace it. 3D is evolving nicely (though some action films still go for the "overwhelm the senses" approach).

Still troubled by the ineffective argument for the mission to begin with. Still a 4.5/5 for me.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Prometheus - 6/10

Seriously not that great. For the first hour I kept thinking, I cant believe this is still STARTING. The movie took forever to go anywhere and didn't really go far. It was alright, it kept my attention once it got going a bit but not a movie for me.

Comment

I'll let you know about Prometheus after I see it tomorrow.
          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Rock of Ages.Girl leaves home for Hollywood; Boy meets Girl; Boy and girl fall in love; Boy gets jealous over a misunderstanding; Boy and Girl break up; Misunderstanding straightened out; Boy and Girl get back together--so it's set in the 80s Los Angeles scene, still nothing special here. No great depth to any characters, the story is bland, and the direction is stagy and uninspiring. HOWEVER...

there are genuine laughs to be had, it's full of great 80s music (which I'm a sucker for and which the stars sing themselves), and everyone just seems to be having a lot of fun. Alec Baldwin and Russell Brand are particularly likable here (unusual for Baldwin, but Brand is not the most outrageous person in the film and that suits him pretty well); Paul Giamatti is an approriately hissable villian (a role he enjoys); Catherine Zeta-Jones gets to show off her stage performance skills (like she did in Chicago); and Tom Cruise has a blast mercilessly making fun of his own persona (as well as other rock-n-roll stars). That kind of enthusiasm in a film is hard to come across and it is infectious.

2 stars for the film itself, add a star for nobody taking any of this seriously and causing the audience to have "nothing but a good time." I guess the moral of this film is that Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'" is the perfect rock-n-roll song. And that's not too bad of a final message, folks.

3/5
            Last edited by srboone; 06-15-2012, 11:52 PM.
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I'm still debating on Rock of Ages or That's my Boy for this week. I'm thinking That's my boy will get bumped out of stadium seating faster than Rock of Ages so prob That's my boy, then Rock of ages the week after.

Comment

I'm not interested in Adam Sandler's mid-life crisis. Looks like this time, he's trying to bring Andy Samberg down with him. The only thing remotely intriguing about this film is that it's "R" instead of "PG-13" which tells me he's going down the full-raunch road, instead of the half-assed one. Still not intereted.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                  I'm not interested in Adam Sandler's mid-life crisis. Looks like this time, he's trying to bring Andy Samberg down with him. The only thing remotely intriguing about this film is that it's "R" instead of "PG-13" which tells me he's going down the full-raunch road, instead of the half-assed one. Still not intereted.
                  See I'm actually interested in this one, looks like it might actually be a return to funny Adam Sandler instead of sad depressing Adam Sandler.
                  CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I agree with Dan on this one. and I especially like that he is working with Andy. Can't wait to see it. Not sure Mason will feel the same way though...hopefully my logic about it getting bumped to shitty seats quick will make him pick it over Rock of Ages...that way we can see both.

Comment

The Innkeepers - oh, I'd say 3 out of 5. One location, small cast, not many scares. Predictable. The main premise never really got developed. But it was nice to see a movie without "name" actors (well, Kelly McGillis, but at first I didn't even realize it was her). I liked the setting.

New Year's Eve - 4 out of 5. Better than I expected. Did a good job of juggling all the different story lines.

Rango - 3.5 out of 5. I love what can be done with animation, but this one didn't really push the envelope. My favorite part was the nod to "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" in the first few minutes.

Comment

The Woman In Black - 5 out of 5. Loved it. Very creepy. I'd love to live in that old mansion.

Comment

That's My Boy 10/10.

My new favorite Adam Sandler Movie. It was hilarious. The cast was fantastic together. He went back to his old retard voice which bugged me at first but after the first bit it was alright. At first I just felt like, oh that voice again even though the older ones where he uses that voice are my favorite. I was thinking hes too fuckin old for that now. I got over that quick and REALLY enjoyed this movie. It had its raunchy parts but didn't completely depend on it through the entire movie but definitely earned its R rating. Great movie.

Comment

Prometheus - 4.5/5

I thought this was great. It had a couple of weak parts but I thought it answered the questions brought up in the Alien franchise and created some new ones. I hope they continue the engineer story line, which is looking promising based on Scott's comments.

Comment

Good to hear you say that, Joe! I'm really excited about the sequels.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

For whatever reason, going into it I didn't think they would be getting into the Alien's origins. I knew it was going to be about the "engineers" but was pleasantly surprised when the Alien came into play.

I'm excited for future stories and glad that Scott basically, imo, ended the alien story line.

Comment

Working...
                                X