No announcement yet.

Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed the Abyss. Haven't watched it an a while though.

Comment

I disagree with Siep yet again on Shirlock Holmes, I found that movie boring. I do believe it put me to sleep for some of it. To each his/her own though.

I agree on 21 jump street. I thought I was going to hate it because I liked the show and they were turning it into, well, a Jonah Hill movie. Don't get me wrong I love Jonah Hill, I think that "kid" is hilarious. I was annoyed with his weight loss to be honest. lol. sidetracked...they made it freaking hilarious and I loved it. I knew about the ending but managed to forget and still got a good laugh out of it. I give it a 9/10 for keeping me HIGHLY entertained and the only reason its not a 10 is because that is reserved for movies I watch over and over again and still love...although it may be yet. Excellent movie if you like this type of comedy. Highly recommended.

Comment

See I really enjoyed both the Sherlock Holmes movies, but then again I pretty much like anything that Robert Downey Jr has been lately.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I like Robert Downey, It was the story that sucked. It was very boring to me. I find that almost every guy I know who has seen it liked it though. that Kinda makes me surprised I didnt like it though. lol. Theres not alot of movies I hate because they have to completely bore me to death before I hate it but among these are Shirlock Holmes, Titanic, The Lord of The Rings and Harry Potter. One exception is a movie that didn't bore me per say but was too fucking stupid for me to ever like, Twilight.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
            I like Robert Downey, It was the story that sucked. It was very boring to me. I find that almost every guy I know who has seen it liked it though. that Kinda makes me surprised I didnt like it though. lol. Theres not alot of movies I hate because they have to completely bore me to death before I hate it but among these are Shirlock Holmes, Titanic, The Lord of The Rings and Harry Potter. One exception is a movie that didn't bore me per say but was too fucking stupid for me to ever like, Twilight.
            Well I can agree with you on Titanic and Twilight.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I had a hard accepting SHerlock Holmes a rough and tumble action star. Downey made it watchable, but I'm too much of a traditionalist with SH.
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I never saw either of these movies so I can't say.
                Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                Well I can agree with you on Titanic and Twilight.

Comment

Hybrid these two and get Sinking Sparkly Frozen Vampiric Celine Dion Creatures <or some such shite>

Comment

Dark Shadows: The openning pre-title sequence is amazing; it provides background to the Collins family, the founding of Collinsport, and the raising of Collinwood Manor. It sets a dark gothic tone (which nobody does better than Burton) dripping with atmosphere and menace. And then...movie goes nowhere. There are it's good points: a typically bizarre and nuanced performance by Johnny Depp, wonderfully creepy gothic atmosphere, and a recitation of the lyrics to The Joker" by the Steve miller Band as if they were modern Shakespeare; but the movie doesn't seem to want to sink it's fangs into the mythic material it's taken as it's subject. Which is too bad. The perfect 70's song to describe this movie hadn't been written in 1972, but Meatloaf's "All Revved Up with No Place to Go" is apropo. This is a rental or Netflix movie.

2.5/5
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

You convinced me, Squire: no theatrical Dark Shadows for me. A shame, really, as I'm really hooked on the original soap, but from what I've seen, plus your words, I'll wait for the BD.

sk

Comment

Sorry Siep, I couldn't let you spend money on it, tho. But like I said, the openning 5 minutes are outstanding!
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Well...I kept going back to see Funny Girl for just the last five minutes....

Comment

Well the first 5 minutes ARE outstanding...
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Bad Squire, you can't ruin my Johnny Depp movie! GRR! I will see it anyway, plus its not my money

Also....This means War, I can do chick flicks, I can do spy movies, I can watch almost anything but this movie couldnt really keep my attention. It still gets a 5/10 meaning "meh" from me but no wait fuck that. I didn't HATE it but I am still only gonna give it a 3. 3 meaning watch it only if your really bored. You'd expect more comedy from this kind of movie. There was some but, iunno. Its hard to explain. I feel like maybe they tried to hard to bring in a male audience while still making a chick flick. The Romance wasnt "felt" while watching it, the comedy was bland and rare, the "actions" scene were just pathetic. As I said in the past it takes alot for me to HATE a movie and this didn't quite take me that far but it was still pretty bad.

Comment

Jonny Depp is his usual terrific self in DS.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X