No announcement yet.

Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The posters are cool. My friend did the trilogy, I wasn't off work in time to. And honestly glad I didn't, that's too long to be sitting in a theatre. Plus I had about 2 hours after TDKR before heading back to work. Friday was a long day.

Comment

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The movies flew by quickly and I had brought a book for between them (not that I did much reading there.)
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I'm a big guy, I get cramped up about halfway through a shorter movie. I was so antsy I kept waking up the dude next to me by accident.

Comment

A solid movie and a fitting end to the trilogy. 4/5

The Dark Knight Rises deserves praise for being ambitious even as those very ambitions cause a distancing effect on the emotional beats that were being presented throughout the movie.

Anne Hathaway was THE delight of the movie. Hardy was good and gave a solid performance but I found Bane dull and his departure deficient. None of the set pieces thrilled like those from the previous two movies.

Movie felt like it could use another round of story polish - this one has more hand waving moments in it than the previous two combined - and editing bay - a lot of the emotional payoff moments felt clunky. Whole lot of monologuing in this one - a sign of those ambitions being too much for the movie to properly display.

I am very intrigued to see how long a director's cut - if one is forthcoming - of this one will be.

For me, Nolan's Inception remains his high mark in terms of writing and direction.

Batman Begins > The Dark Knight > The Dark Knight Rises
          Last edited by Lou Sytsma; 07-21-2012, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Good review Lou. Not my personal opionion, but good none the less. Though I'd have to say you're probably one of a very few people who would actually put Batman Begins as a better movie than The Dark Knight.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I didnt really care for batman begins at all. I can't see The Dark Night Rises being better than The Dark Night though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                Good review Lou. Not my personal opionion, but good none the less. Though I'd have to say you're probably one of a very few people who would actually put Batman Begins as a better movie than The Dark Knight.
                I sat next to someone at TDKR who thought that BB was a more watchable movie than TDK because it was the movie that established the characters as opposed to continuing them and there was a sense of catharsis at the end. But he did say that TDK was a better movie. Makes sense to me.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                  I sat next to someone at TDKR who thought that BB was a more watchable movie than TDK because it was the movie that established the characters as opposed to continuing them and there was a sense of catharsis at the end. But he did say that TDK was a better movie. Makes sense to me.
                  Yea makes sense to me as well. Though overall I thought the pacing of Batman Begins was too slow.

Instagram

Comment

He ranked the movies BB, TDKR, TDK--I'd rank them TDK, TDKR, BB. (BB last, but not because it was the only one that had Katie Holmes in it. Did you notice that the picture of Rachel Dawes Bruce Wayne had on his dresser was of Maggie Gyllenhall and not KH?)
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

He ranked the movies BB, TDKR, TDK--I'd rank them TDK, TDKR, BB. (BB last, but not because it was the only one that had Katie Holmes in it. Did you notice that the picture of Rachel Dawes Bruce Wayne had on his dresser was of Maggie Gyllenhall and not KH?)
                      Yea, but it's not surprising since they switched actresses for the middle movie. Though truthfully I really didn't have a problem with Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes.

Instagram

Comment

I saw TDKR again today and I have to say that the IMAX presentation I saw hampered my enjoyment of the film. I saw it in regular presentation and the difference was profound. The problem with the IMAX presntation was that the sound effects and soundtrack were turned up so loudly that it drowned out the dialog. The actor's voices weren't amped up. In the regular presentation, that problem didn't occur and I was able to catch bits of Bane's dialog I missed and story points that were fuzzy when I saw it in IMAX.

I wouldn't change my rating of the film, but I will say that the greatness of a film is not in the number of flaws it has but how it overcomes those flaws. And TDKR is not without its flaws. But it overcomes them quite brilliantly with exciting and suspenseful action and sheer epicness of this finale to the Batman saga.
                        Last edited by srboone; 07-23-2012, 04:35 AM.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

No official word on the midnite boxoffice has been released yet, tho boxofficemojo.com has listed the midnite take of TDKR as 30,640,000 (est.)
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I read the total was 162 mill for the weekend.They are holding off releasing the number due to the shooting.I read this in the L.A. Times on line.
                            No official word on the midnite boxoffice has been released yet, tho boxofficemojo.com has listed the midnite take of TDKR as 30,640,000 (est.)

Comment

I saw TDKR again today and I have to say that the IMAX presentation I saw hampered my enjoyment of the film. I saw it in regular presentation and the difference was profound. The problem with the IMAX presntation was that the sound effects and soundtrack were turned up so loudly that it drowned out the dialog. The actor's voices weren't amped up. In the regular presentation, that problem didn't occur and I was able to catch bits of Bane's dialog I missed and story points that were fuzzy when I saw it in IMAX.

I wouldn't change my rating of the film, but I will say that the greatness of a film is not in the number of flaws it has but how it overcomes those flaws. And TDKR is not without its flaws. But it overcomes them quite brilliantly with exciting and suspenseful action and sheer epicness of this finale to the Batman saga.
                              Mase and a friend drove 4 hours to see it in IMAX and he felt the same way. The IMAX was horrible but the movie was just amazing. Wish I hadda been invited. Men are stupid fucks. Also, last nights movie night didn't happen and turned into a shit storm. WE were going as friends and had we seen the movie I think everything would have been fine but we realized we were too late for the early show and he couldn't drive after 12. We skipped the movie and ended up talking...not good in the state I was in. Might try again next week....and ill drive. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                                Thanks Dan.

Batman Begins ends up being the best of the three for me because it has the tightest story whereas the other two feel bloated to me. With TDKR the running time really felt noticeable. In the TDK it is not as problematic because of Heath Ledgers's performance and the 'wants to see the world burn' nature of the Joker.

The biggest problem I have with TDKR is there is too much story to tell. It could almost be a trilogy itself.
                                Last edited by Lou Sytsma; 07-26-2012, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X