No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^I still need to check out his books. Haven't been in a fantasy mood in a while though.

Currently about 1/4 through The Son by Jo Nesbo. First book of his I have tried and I am really enjoying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
      ^I still need to check out his books. Haven't been in a fantasy mood in a while though.

Currently about 1/4 through The Son by Jo Nesbo. First book of his I have tried and I am really enjoying it.
      A person I work with RAVES about Jo Nesbo. I might give him a read someday.

Comment

Reading Unbury Carol by some guy named Josh Malerman.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
          A person I work with RAVES about Jo Nesbo. I might give him a read someday.
          Definitely worth a read. His books come across like a Scandinavian version of John Connelly's Harry Bosch series.

Comment

Michael??

Comment

About half way through Unbury Carol and not really sure if I like it or not. The plot is interesting enough that I want to see how it comes out but I really don't have any feelings for any of the characters. So far it's a solid 3 stars.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                Michael??
                Yeah...no idea where John came from

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                  About half way through Unbury Carol and not really sure if I like it or not. The plot is interesting enough that I want to see how it comes out but I really don't have any feelings for any of the characters. So far it's a solid 3 stars.
                  I have it on my to-read pile...have to give it a try soon.

Comment

Finished Unbury Carol last night. Sticking with 3 stars. I only found one character that interested me in the whole story so I found myself not really caring for what happened to Carol or the rest of the characters. The one I found interesting was Smoke and would live to see him get his own story.
                    I enjoyed Bird Box so much more.

Comment

SICK HOUSE by Jeff Strand.
                      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

The third book in Sylvan Neuvel’s Themis Files trilogy - Only Human - just came out and since I had only read the first book - Sleeping Giants - I decided to start the second one - Waking Gods.

Upon starting WK I realized that I couldn’t remember anything about the first book other than a giant robot. Found a semi-thorough recap of SG and even after reading it nothing sounded familiar.

I guess that this is a long winded way of saying that I started a re-read of SG in prep to read the next two afterwards.

Something that these books offer that tradition mass produced books is the design work. I love the die-cut dust jackets and the detailed artwork on the covers is great. I think this trilogy would make a fine set from a specialty publisher. Imagine some amazing artwork could be included.

If I wasn’t on my phone I’d upload the covers.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                          Finished Unbury Carol last night. Sticking with 3 stars. I only found one character that interested me in the whole story so I found myself not really caring for what happened to Carol or the rest of the characters. The one I found interesting was Smoke and would live to see him get his own story.
                          I enjoyed Bird Box so much more.
                          Smoke was definitely the most interesting character. I agree pretty much with everything you said.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                            The third book in Sylvan Neuvel’s Themis Files trilogy - Only Human - just came out and since I had only read the first book - Sleeping Giants - I decided to start the second one - Waking Gods.

Upon starting WK I realized that I couldn’t remember anything about the first book other than a giant robot. Found a semi-thorough recap of SG and even after reading it nothing sounded familiar.

I guess that this is a long winded way of saying that I started a re-read of SG in prep to read the next two afterwards.

Something that these books offer that tradition mass produced books is the design work. I love the die-cut dust jackets and the detailed artwork on the covers is great. I think this trilogy would make a fine set from a specialty publisher. Imagine some amazing artwork could be included.

If I wasn’t on my phone I’d upload the covers.
                            I have to get that one. I remember really enjoying the first two in the series, but I read them so many books ago that I remember nothing much of the story

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                              I have to get that one. I remember really enjoying the first two in the series, but I read them so many books ago that I remember nothing much of the story
                              That was my problem. I just finished SG a few minutes ago and boy am I glad I re-read it. Forgot so much. Onto the next!

Comment

About a third of the way into The Listener. This one has me from the first page. So far I really love this story.

Comment

Working...
                                X