No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currently reading Revival. I'm about 150 pages into it and so far it's been ok. Slowly losing interest in it but hopefully it'll start picking up soon!!

Comment

Originally posted by Julzz View Post
      Currently reading Revival. I'm about 150 pages into it and so far it's been ok. Slowly losing interest in it but hopefully it'll start picking up soon!!
      This happened with Doctor Sleep with me, ended up putting it down, might pick it up again one day. I'm currently reading the uncut version The Stand.

Comment

Currently reading Defenders, by, Will McIntosh, an alien invasion novel. Part one was fast paced, brutal, and page turning, but, I'm getting slogged down with the second part. It's only over 500 pages long, so I hope it picks right back up.

Re-reading The Smoke, by, Tom Barling, a superb British gangster novel.
        http://damaged-mind-shattered-soul.com//

If knowledge is power, then I am powerless

Comment

Just over a 1/3 of the way through The Orenda - for me it's not working. I mean it's a very interesting look into the views of both the natives in Canada (Huron, Iroquois, etc.) and the French missionaries (from New France), and how they interact with each other, but aside from a few battles, this is dragging on for me.

Setting that aside, and finally reading Pet Sematary

Comment

Hey guys,

Haven't been around for a while. I am sad to say that I am STILL reading Firestarter. It kept putting me to sleep and I just stopped reading it. Then because I didn't finish it, I couldn't move on so I haven't read anything in a year now. I will have to keep trying. The sun is back so reading outside might help.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
              Hey guys,

Haven't been around for a while. I am sad to say that I am STILL reading Firestarter. It kept putting me to sleep and I just stopped reading it. Then because I didn't finish it, I couldn't move on so I haven't read anything in a year now. I will have to keep trying. The sun is back so reading outside might help.
              Good to hear from you Teri, hope all is well. Sorry to hear you are stuck on a book, I hate it when that happens. You just have to power through so you can get onto something more enjoyable!

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                Just over a 1/3 of the way through The Orenda - for me it's not working. I mean it's a very interesting look into the views of both the natives in Canada (Huron, Iroquois, etc.) and the French missionaries (from New France), and how they interact with each other, but aside from a few battles, this is dragging on for me. Pet Sematary
                I keep picking that up at the library and putting it back down again. It sounds very interesting, but I keep asking myself whether I care enough to read it? So far, no

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                  I keep picking that up at the library and putting it back down again. It sounds very interesting, but I keep asking myself whether I care enough to read it? So far, no
                  I think that's the thing about it. I mean, I am kind of a history buff especially Canadian history - and enjoy reading stories (fictional or not) that have real history to them, and The Orenda (IMO) would maybe be better presented as a TV series???? The author did a good job making the characters "real", but for whatever reason, just couldn't keep going with it - I'm not saying I won't carry on at some point, I still have my bookmark where I left off.

And welcome back Teri!

Comment

Finished the Troop and thought it was a phenomenal novel.

Comment

Originally posted by markgunnells View Post
                      Finished the Troop and thought it was a phenomenal novel.
                      I read this a couple of months ago. Really great book. I bought it for the Kindle, and would like to get the trade. I just keep holding out hope it gets a limited edition. It really deserves it.

Comment

Finished Revival last night and was really disappointed. Started really promising and just went downhill from there. Sort of picked up at the end but was too late pull me back in. I just couldn't connect with the character(s). In the beginning I was oh snap here we go but then it just went on and on fillers here and there don't care about your boring life blabbing about things that didn't really progress the story and then bam let's get this book over with. Sorry the book didn't click with me.

Anyways I found a tattered paper back copy of Railway Ghost and Highway Horrors by Daniel Cohen illustrated by Stephen Marchesi. I've had this since elementary and from what I remember there's a few stories that scared the bejezzus out of me. Going to read it again and see if it has the same effect on me lol.

First notable story and still remember till this day The Most Famous Phantom

Second one that I enjoyed and somewhat remember is The Warning Light

Last story that I remember was The Death Car. I think there's about 13 short stories but these 3 are the ones that stuck out.

Comment

I am currently reading Pet Sematary..... fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by Julzz View Post
                            Finished Revival last night and was really disappointed. Started really promising and just went downhill from there. Sort of picked up at the end but was too late pull me back in. I just couldn't connect with the character(s). In the beginning I was oh snap here we go but then it just went on and on fillers here and there don't care about your boring life blabbing about things that didn't really progress the story and then bam let's get this book over with. Sorry the book didn't click with me.

Anyways I found a tattered paper back copy of Railway Ghost and Highway Horrors by Daniel Cohen illustrated by Stephen Marchesi. I've had this since elementary and from what I remember there's a few stories that scared the bejezzus out of me. Going to read it again and see if it has the same effect on me lol.

First notable story and still remember till this day The Most Famous Phantom

Second one that I enjoyed and somewhat remember is The Warning Light

Last story that I remember was The Death Car. I think there's about 13 short stories but these 3 are the ones that stuck out.
                            Damn man, this brought back memories, the cover and interior especially. Think I read this as a kid. Looks so damn familiar.

I'm reading The Stand currently, slowly.

Comment

I'm about 2/3 of the way done with The Scarlet Gospels. Loving it. As early as the prologue there are resurrections, people being ripped apart, and good old fashioned Hellraiser fun. There is also something very elegant about it; while it is definitely bloody and gruesome, there is some real substance there as well, and Pinhead is a delightfully complex character.

Hoping that Barker will make a movie of this one. . .

Comment

I am reading Only Child by Jack Ketchum. This has been on my list every year for the last four years to read and I finally pulled the trigger on it. One of the best books of his so far. Hope it continues this way.

I am also reading Trigger Warnings by Neil Gaiman and not that thrilled so far. Put it down for awhile. His weakest collection so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X