No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in the minority here but I loved Insomnia, probably my second favorite King Novel behind the full length The Stand.

Comment

I loved Insomnia too, and i still do

Comment

I like a lot so far. I didn't have much reading time this weekend, but still am enjoying it quite a lot.

Comment

Reading Zombie by Joyce Carol Oates. Very disturbing book.

Comment

I just finished The Strain trilogy. Great books!!!

Comment

Recently tore through "The Electric Church" and "The Digital Plague" by Jeff Somers; now reading his "The Eternal Prison." Love these. I love anti-heroes.

What else... "The Crystal Cave" by... I can't believe I have to get up and go look... my brain isn't working at the moment... ah yes, Mary Stewart. Duh. I've been flirting with this book ever since I was a kid; that name should be hard-wired into my brain. Finally got all three so now I can jump into them.

"The Broom of the System" by David Foster Wallace.

I do want to read the "Strain" books. I don't think I ever made it through "Insomnia." But, summer is ending, and my favorite season is coming up, so I will probably be in the mood for some King. Old school, most likely.

Comment

Now on to A Simple Plan.

Comment

Reading 'Gone Girl' which was recommended to me by by lovely wife

Comment

Finished 'The Nest', by Gregory Douglas. Very enjoyable 80's pulp, that not only delivers gore, but also some genuinely creepy and tense scenes. Good stuff.

About to start 'Nightmare Seasons', by Charles L. Grant. Not read much Grant, so looking forward to this collection of four 'Oxrun Station' novellas.

Also been dipping into 'The Books of Blood', reading some of the stories that I don't remember much about. 'The Forbidden' is one - an absolute classic, and makes the film look a bit silly, to be honest.

Comment

Almost done with A Simple Plan. Not sure how I ever missed this one before. I'm loving it.

Comment

Tigana by Guy Gavriel Kay

Comment

Finished the first novella in 'Nightmare Seasons' (Grant), and it was fantastic. I love Grant's style, and his characters feel like real people, and you genuinely care about them. Really happy that I'm enjoying his work, he left us so much to discover.

Any other fans here?

Comment

Reading Widowmakers the James Newman benefit anthology. Really good stuff so far. I will be putting it down this weekend for a group read of Dinner with the Canabal Sisters.......Oh and go buy the anthology. It is an ebook soon to be paperback and the money goes to help James pay his medical expenses.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
                              Finished the first novella in 'Nightmare Seasons' (Grant), and it was fantastic. I love Grant's style, and his characters feel like real people, and you genuinely care about them. Really happy that I'm enjoying his work, he left us so much to discover.

Any other fans here?
                              I love Grant' s work. Have not read this yet but I do have a couple of collections by him still to read.

Comment

Just finished "Mr. Mercedes." Didn't like it much in the beginning, then it got better, then I didn't like is so much again during the second half, which I thought dragged on a bit too much. Is it me, or were the characters not as developed as they usually are?

Comment

Working...
                                X