No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About halfway through 'Cellars', an early 80's horror novel by John Shirley, and absolutely loving it so far.

Comment

John

Comment

Neal Asher's Dark Intelligence: Transformation Book One. He's great!
        Mike

Comment

Finishing Thunderhead today - and it's a great read! Preston & Child sure know how to captivate and entertain me (at least).

Next..... I don't have a multisided sided coin to flip, but am debating about either a King (Pet Sematary?), Barker (Imajica or Great and Secret Show), or maybe Mr. Hands (Braunbeck), keep picking up The Other off my bookshelf too...but my sci-fi books are asking for attention too! I recently picked up Snow Crash (Stephenson, plus have Anathem and Cryptonomicon by him), was also thinking of Dune as well.

Decision, decisions....
          Last edited by TJCams; 03-31-2015, 03:48 PM.

Comment

The Angel of Darkness by Caleb Carr.
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

And the choice is....... Mr. Hands by Gary A. Braunbeck

Comment

Finished The Mailman - Bentley Little, awesome book really enjoyed it. Now trying to decide to read either The Monk or The Secretary of Dreams.

Comment

Just finished The Rats by Herbert. Very entertaining, grisly old school horror. The extensive back stories for incidental characters, while not bothering me in their existence, did sometimes bother me in how they were presented as just information dumps, but that's a minor quibble. Overall, big thumbs up.

Comment

Finished Mr. Hands, and overall I was not too impressed with it, and rather disappointed. Maybe I was expecting something different.....

Now, onto a new book I picked up this weekend, and I've been really wanting to read......Station Eleven, by Canadian author Emily St. John Mandel. This was a finalist for the National Book Award 2014, and won or has been nominated for many awards.

Comment

Station Eleven was a very good read, glad I picked it up. Apparently this has been option for TV/film too!

Now, onto another Canadian author... Joseph Boyden's The Orenda. This was highly recommended by the employee at the local Chapters store, and has a 4.25 rating on Goodreads with over 6400 ratings and 1100+ reviews.

Comment

Just finished off The Gunslinger for the first time. Now reading Nightmares & Dreamscapes.

Comment

Gunslinger is good, but not great. The rest of the series gets SO much better.

Comment

My reading has really slowed down lately, but I'm a hundred pages into The Troop and loving it.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                              Gunslinger is good, but not great. The rest of the series gets SO much better.
                              I loved The Gunslinger, possibly my second d favourite King so far. I dig the odd structure and different themes.

Comment

Finished Angel of Darkness--good follow up to The Alienist. Read Ready Player One by Ernest Cline over the last couple of days--very enjoyable geekfest about a video game programmer who creates an online universe that people want to stay in and avoid reality that is modeled after 1980s pop culture (movies, video games and D&D).

Currently reading The Tale of Genji.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
                                X