No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read Carrie and Boy's Life yesterday, and today I'm reading Swan Song.

Boy's Life was fantastic. I haven't read it since it first came out in the early '90s, and it's a different read after an extra 20+ years of life experience.

Comment

I just finished Revival...couldn't put it down

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
        I just finished Revival...couldn't put it down
        Wow - did you have it early, or an ARC? Or are you just that fast a reader?!?! I doubt I could finish a book like this in one day, let alone in one sitting.
        Last edited by TJCams; 11-11-2014, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
          Wow - did you have it early, or an ARC? Or are you just that fast a reader?!?! I doubt I could finish a book like this in one day, let alone in one sitting.
          I got the ebook today. Once I started reading it I just didn't want to put it down! I think it took around three hours to get thru it.

Comment

Revival. I'm liking it so far.
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I will be starting my copy of Revival today!

Putting Carbide Tipped Pens aside for a while.
              Last edited by TJCams; 11-12-2014, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Finished 'The Nightwalker', by Thomas Tessier - fantastic short novel. Grim, bleak, but still very entertaining.

'The Trains', by Robert Aickman - absolutely superb piece of short fiction, brimming with mystery, and sexuality. I was left totally satisfied, even though it's very ambiguous. Best short story I've read this year.

Halfway through 'The Kill', a novel from the early 80's, by Alan Ryan. He had a great eye for character and setting, and the horror scenes are very well written - the first sentence sucks you in straight away.

Lincoln.

Comment

Prisoner 489 by Joe R. Lansdale and then Blockbuster by Lisa Von Biela

Comment

Finished Revival. I really liked it. His best since Under the Dome. Also read The Great God Pan, which King mentions in his dedication to Revival--loved that one. Currently reading The Fractured Road: Part1: East and West by Britt Holewinski--a GR win from April of 2013. It's a YA dystopian book, not really what I'm in the mood for, but the author took the time to sign it for me...
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Just finished Blue Labyrinth from Preston Child. Easily one of the best Pendergast volumes in many years. I would put it up there pretty close to Cabinet of Curiosities. I wasn't as a big a fan of White Fire as many were.

Comment

Hawk Quest by Robert Lyndon. In order to free a minor noble's son and form an alliance that will end the crusades, a mercenary travels to Iceland and Greenland to trap 4 white gyrfalcons. An impulse buy last year that i'm finally getting around to.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Sounds pretty neat!

I just finished Revival, and liked it. My wife picked up a pb copy of Carrie for me on Friday, so I will be starting that today.

Comment

I'm half way through Preston & Child's Blue Labyrinth, and while the story is excellent so far, I just ran across two car-related errors that shouldn't be there, considering how precise Pendergast himself is

They mention a 12-cylinder Lamborghini Gallardo Aventador, which does not exist. The Gallardo is a 10-cylinder, so they meant Aventador. Not long after that, Pendergast opens the "gullwing style door", which is also wrong. The Aventador has scissor doors. Gullwing doors are what was used on the old Mercedes 300SL.

I hate when proofreaders miss stuff like this.

Comment

Hawk Quest was disappointing. Rated it 2* on GR. Making a second attempt at NOS4A2 (first attempt was May of last year--I made it to page 77). I'm about halfway through.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

After finishing Carrie, I was able to finish my ARC of Carbide Tipped Pens which was a solid hard sci-fi collection of stories from different authors.

Now, onto The Halloween Children!

Comment

Working...
                                X