No announcement yet.

Dave1442397's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Film rooms are important too, Siep (at least I think so)! Alas, I have neither...
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

You're welcome to use mine, Squire!

sk

Comment

You planning on moving to KC, friend Siep?
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

No movie room currently, but when I move into my new place towards the end of next month, I'm thinking of setting up my digital projector on a permanent basis.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I have a movie room (if you can call a 73" TV big enough for that). I set it up with a nice surround sound system and banished all kid toys from it. Now my wife watches NJ Housewives (or whatever it's called) and I'm here on CD. It has a nice long wall (20 feet or so) that is completely unused right now. Even my wife liked the idea of floor to ceiling bookshelves on that wall, so that may be my winter project.

We also want to reclaim most of our office and turn it into a nice reading room for the winter. We found out that what we thought was just a badly-smoking wood-burning fireplace is actually already set up for gas, so we're getting a gas insert, a nice comfy couch, and banishing the treadmill and kid toys from the room.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
              I've always wanted the floor to cealing bookcases with the ladder attached to it.
              My next house... I want my library to be 2 stories on one side, with the roof slanting down to 1 story on the other. And a nice Victorian style tower on the outside corner, with a spiral staircase leading up to a small reading room. I can dream.
              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Nice new collection thread here Dave. Wow!, and I thought my shelves were full.
                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                  You planning on moving to KC, friend Siep?
                  Haha, I wish...
                  I've often thought of where I'd want to live in the US.
                  I think my first choice would be San Francisco.

sk

Comment

Who is F-stop Fitzgerald?
                    "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

The guy that did the photography for the Nightmares in the Sky (text by Stephen King).

Here's a link that might be of interest

http://www.harpercollins.com.au/auth...ald/index.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                        Nice new collection thread here Dave. Wow!, and I thought my shelves were full.
                        Thanks, Terry! I had over 80 boxes of books at one point, and then I bought 28 bookcases for $5 each at a liquidation sale. At least I can see more of them now.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                          Haha, I wish...
                          I've often thought of where I'd want to live in the US.
                          I think my first choice would be San Francisco.

sk
                          A quote (wrongly) attributed to Mark Twain: "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco".

I remember driving from Lake Tahoe to San Francisco one morning. It was beautiful in Tahoe, but when we stepped out of the car in SF we were freezing! Shorts, T-shirts, and it was maybe 60F at 11am. Brr!

Comment

Sounds just the opposite of our road trip out west when I was a kid. On the way home (in early April) we left Vegas in the morning in shorts & t-shirts, and when we stopped for the night in Utah, it was freezing.

Comment

A bit off topic, but there are so many locations in the USA I could easily live: San Francisco,San Diego, Washington State (anywhere...preferably Seattle), somewhere along the Oregon coastline - or better yet, the Californian one, the list is too long to mention here.

sk

Comment

I would never want to live in the states personally. I never want to move out of Canada but if I did the states would be one of the last places I'd go. Basically its Canada only less awesome cuz people shoot each other for no reason and theres twice as many foreiners. not to mention i'd already be in debt with medical bills at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X