Dave1442397's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave1442397's collection

I just took a few shots of most of the bookcases in the house to start with. Many of these are in the attic, which is due for a good cleaning out.

Almost every shelf is stacked two levels deep with books. Time to get rid of some of them, I think.

P1040588 (Large).jpg

P1040587 (Large).jpg

P1040586 (Large).jpg

P1040585 (Large).jpg

P1040584 (Large).jpg

P1040583 (Large).jpg

P1040594 (Large).jpg

P1040595 (Large).jpg

P1040596 (Large).jpg

P1040597 (Large).jpg

P1040598 (Large).jpg

P1040599 (Large).jpg

Comment

I'm curious why you have 3 copies of The Non-Fiction are they different in some way?

Comment

You can see most of the John D. MacDonald books here, including all the Travis McGee books, of course!

P1040593 (Large).jpg

P1040601 (Large).jpg

P1040600 (Large).jpg

P1040602 (Large).jpg

P1040603 (Large).jpg

Most of the Harlan Ellison books are tucked away in the top left corner...I really need a couple of dedicated shelves for them.

P1040604 (Large).jpg

Comment

P1040605 (Large).jpg

P1040606 (Large).jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
            I'm curious why you have 3 copies of The Non-Fiction are they different in some way?
            I bought one, got one as part of the first CD Book Club, and the third copy came in a grab bag.

The first Book Club (years ago now) was always a good idea but at first it was too easy to get books you had already purchased. I think the first five books were dupes for me. It's never been an issue since, though - they fixed it!

Comment

Why don't you sell them? or give them away No point in taking up space with 3. I know some people don't like selling their books but since theyre copies you got accidentally I don't see any point in keeping them. Looks like you need the space as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                I bought one, got one as part of the first CD Book Club, and the third copy came in a grab bag.

The first Book Club (years ago now) was always a good idea but at first it was too easy to get books you had already purchased. I think the first five books were dupes for me. It's never been an issue since, though - they fixed it!
                Yea I think the first book club was done before we had our current ordering system, which lets us easily send notes to people telling them not to order something because it's in the book club and what not. (way before my time)

Edit: Great stuff by the way. Really looks like you need some more room... lol
                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Hmm, looks like I've exceeded my upload quota...I better read up on posting pics...might have to do this using Photobucket.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397
                    Ok, on to the Stephen King books...

The paperbacks were all purchased back in Ireland and before I had the money to afford hardbacks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8515[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8516[/ATTACH]

This copy of The Shining is beat up. I remember buying it in high school and reading it many times.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]8517[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8518[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8519[/ATTACH]

This cover on The Stand is also a favorite. I read my original copy to shreds, and found this one at The Forbidden Planet in Dublin.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]8520[/ATTACH]
                    Your pictures don't appear to have worked right in that one.

Instagram

Comment

Wait that's weird, they worked when I qouted your post.... lol

Instagram

Comment

Happens sometimes, I think Dan can fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                          Hmm, looks like I've exceeded my upload quota...I better read up on posting pics...might have to do this using Photobucket.
                          Hmm there shouldn't be an upload quota.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                            Why don't you sell them? or give them away No point in taking up space with 3. I know some people don't like selling their books but since theyre copies you got accidentally I don't see any point in keeping them. Looks like you need the space as well.
                            It's not that I mind selling books, I just don't have the time and patience to bother. I need to do something, though, like make more money and move to a bigger house!

If you want to send me your mailing address I'll send you a copy of the Non-Fiction...that'll free up a spot for The Twelve

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                              Hmm there shouldn't be an upload quota.
                              I'll try it again...not sure what's going on. I resized everything to make them small enough to post.

Comment

Working...
                              X