Dave1442397's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
    Dave, is that a deluxe Hand.Cannot.Erase. that I see in the bubble wrap?
    The bubble wrap to the right of the 'Salem's Lot paperback? That would be the CD Carrie art portfolio. I left it in the bubble wrap for now. CD may make a slipcase for all the art portfolios once the six books in the series are done.

Comment

Aha, ok.
      Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
        Yeah, EOW should be here tomorrow

I ordered the Illustrated Edition of 'Salem's Lot from Amazon when it first came out, and had it sent to my office (small company at the time). USPS showed it as delivered on their website, but a week later it still hadn't shown up. Amazon said they'd send another copy. The second copy arrived two days later, and then the original copy showed up the day after that. No idea where it was hiding for two weeks. Need one?
        Gotcha. I had a package from Kim over at Camelot get stuck in KC for about 3 weeks before it finally showed up. Who knows on these things. I am in need of a much better copy of the illustrated if you want to PM me the details. Thanks!

The bubble wrap to the right of the 'Salem's Lot paperback? That would be the CD Carrie art portfolio. I left it in the bubble wrap for now. CD may make a slipcase for all the art portfolios once the six books in the series are done.
        Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
        Aha, ok.
        Doing the same with mine also, Dave.

Comment

Love that e-book collection, you've got me crushed! What's your favorite reading device?

I'm on the Voyage and keep a ton of stuff loaded on there, and usually think of it as the greatest book in my collection.
          “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
          -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bugen View Post
            Love that e-book collection, you've got me crushed! What's your favorite reading device?

I'm on the Voyage and keep a ton of stuff loaded on there, and usually think of it as the greatest book in my collection.
            I have a kindle paperwhite with backlight, and I love it. It's perfect in daylight, low light, and no light at all.

It's nice to be able to read on planes without disturbing other people with the bright reading lights, especially on those trans-Atlantic redeye flights. I never sleep on planes.

I always seem to have around 200 books on the kindle, and I love that. I remember the days when I traveled with paperbacks and hoped I didn't run out of reading material...a scary thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
              I am in need of a much better copy of the illustrated if you want to PM me the details. Thanks!
              Brian, I'll send you some pics later (I'm in meetings all morning), and you can decide. As far as I remember, both copies are still in F/F condition.

Comment

Brian, I'll send you some pics later (I'm in meetings all morning), and you can decide. As far as I remember, both copies are still in F/F condition.
                Sweet! Thanks, Dave!

Comment

Kindle Paperwhite gen. 1 was my first e-reader and it skyrocketed the number of books I went through. I figured it sounded close enough to the physical book experience to give it a shot and am glad I did; it's just tough to beat the read-anywhere convenience. Tablet fans don't really know what they're missing: easy on the eyes, no blue-light reading en masse. I LOVE that device.
                  -John Barth

Comment

duplicate post
                    -John Barth

Comment

Working...
                    X