X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
    And the back...
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1518[/ATTACH]
    It also includes interviews with people such as Joe Dante, Christopher Lee, David Cronenberg, Sam Raimi, Ray Harryhausen amongst others. A thoroughly enjoyable read.
    That's an awesome book Paul, thanks for sharing it

Comment

Thanks Grant. The poster for the Sperig brother's "Daybreakers", which was filmed here in Brisbane is dead centre of the front end piece!

Comment

Got myself a copy of this today. Won't read it for a while probably, but wanted to have the whole trilogy on my bookcase

DSC00455.jpg
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

Comment

I have to expand my damn horizons. It's like I'm stuck with all 80's authors and have no idea who these other guys are or if they're worth buying or what. I'm gonna need help on that sometime by one or more of you guys!

Comment

IMG_4425.jpg

And a few more, but they're not for me.

Comment

I'm finding an increasing amount of "things" abandoned on my doorstep:

DSCF0268.jpgDSCF0266.jpg

It's the paperback trilogy with twice as many of Peake's illustartions plus an introduction by Michael Moorcock.
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                I'm finding an increasing amount of "things" abandoned on my doorstep:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1568[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1569[/ATTACH]

It's the paperback trilogy with twice as many of Peake's illustartions plus an introduction by Michael Moorcock.
                Abandonment can sometimes be a beautiful thing, can it not

Comment

Wow, Squire, that's another gorgeous edition!
                  Did you ever see the BBC series? With, amongst others, Christopher Lee.
                  I really liked it, and because of it I still want to read the book.

sk

Comment

Didn't know there was one! Thanks for the info!

This is another on my TBR list (as I said, for me it starts with finding the right edition first...)
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Looked it up on Imdb and there it is. I remember seeing the DVD in the movie section of stores back in 2006, but it never clicked. Apparently the sseries covers that first 2 of the three books (kinda like Ralph Bashki made a movie of the first 2 of 3 LOTR books in 1978)--have to check it out.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                        Looked it up on Imdb and there it is. I remember seeing the DVD in the movie section of stores back in 2006, but it never clicked. --have to check it out.
                        Yes, by all means, do.
                        It's an impressive series, with some mighty weird, quirky, creepy characters, many up to no good.
                        I loved it.

sk

Comment

Not a special edition, or even a hardcover, but have heard good things about this one, and it has great reviews so far. Must be somewhat popular too as the book was first published this October and on a 2nd printing for this paperback. Either that or a small first printing

DSC00467.jpg
                          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                          Spoiler!

Comment

4 signed 1st editions of Stephen Kong's new novel 11/22/63. Had a great time at the king event in Boston yesterday meeting lots of people and making new friends. King was on top form during the reading and answering a few questions, actually reading a second time to answer a question! Pictures and a video of the reading to come when I get back :-) Just arrived in Portland and the weather is great!!!

Comment

Wow, Tom, that's great!
                              Congratulations!! Have a safe journey home.

sk

Comment

Glad to here it, Tom. I hope King is in as good form for Dallas on Thursday! But I don't think extra signed copies of 11/22/63 will be available there. We'll see.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X