Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ordered this (released 26OCT11):

138809639.jpg

• A handsome slipcase edition featuring a linen slipcase and book cover, foil stamped original design, acid-free paper and a satin ribbon marker.
    • A special conversation between George R. R. Martin and Barnes & Noble. The author discusses his writing influences, his own style, his characters and their perspectives, having his vision come to the screen, and more!
    • Barnes & Noble' s online series Meet the Writers interview with George R. R. Martin, in which the author talks about A Dance With Dragons, the fifth book in the Song of Ice and Fire series and a love of reading.
    • George R. R. Martin answers questions about the new HBO original series A Game of Thrones.
    • A special full-color preview, including original character sketches, of A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel, No. 1—based on George R. R. Martin's novel of the same name.

It seems a B&N exclusive; I had tried to order the one from Harper Collins, but I never was able to get one.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Hey Squire, thanks for the tip! I decided to open a B&N account and order this book as well.
      I shouldn't have, but my fingers decided for me......

sk

Comment

Veeery nice Mr Boone

Comment

It appears there are two different states of the UK proof of King's 11.22.63. Both are numbered but have very different numbering schemes. The covers are identical. One has the statement "Embargoed/Hodder & Stoughton" on every page and the other doesn't. Here are the two pages:

I apologize for the lousy scans, but I don't want to take the chance of harming the spine by opening them too widely.

I just got the first of these. I also got a copy of the Publisher's letter, but I'm not posting it until well after the book is published. I don't want to take any possibilities that it could disclose my contact.

John
          Last edited by jhanic; 10-17-2011, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Excellent stuff John

Comment

Interesting!

Comment

Anyone else who is interested, B&N is selling AGoT pre-order for $25 (vice 50) for today only, probably til midnight EST.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Oh why did I have to read this.... I really shouldn't... Maybe B&N doesn't ship to europe? Or they have really really expensive shipping....

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                    Maybe B&N doesn't ship to europe? Or they have really really expensive shipping....
                    Oh yes they do (I just opened an account..)

Oh no they don't (I just ordered the book..)

So, what are you waiting for, Pete?

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                      Oh yes they do (I just opened an account..)

Oh no they don't (I just ordered the book..)

So, what are you waiting for, Pete?

sk
                      Money to drop out of the sky?

Ahh, but I just love this series and I need something better than a paperback, the story deserves it!

/going to check B&N now...

Comment

The problem is, there's also a nice (Harper Voyager) UK series available. I haven't ordered it yet, but I'm sure I will, eventually.

sk

Correction: I just ordered A Game of Thrones (44% discount..)

Comment

And so it begins (and will end with me being broke) just ordered 1st edition / 1st printings of Terry Brook's "Word and Void" series. Cheap for now, but will start getting expensive when I get to his earlier stuff.
                          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Welcome to the poor house Dan!!!
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Today B&N had a 70% discount on that special edition of A Game of Thrones!!!

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                                Welcome to the poor house Dan!!!
                                I know that place

Comment

Working...
                                X