No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Though I don't follow Brooks anymore, I REALLY like the Word/Void trilogy!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
      The first of these came today "Angel Fire East" I'll post some pictures in my collection thread when the other two get here.
      The other two came today. I'll post some pictures tonight. The books aren't in as nice of condition as I was expecting, but they aren't bad considering how little I paid for them.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I really enjoy the first 3 Landover books too. Funny stories. If fact, I think his signing of Magic Kingdom For Sale. Sold. was my first signing ever in '86.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
          I really enjoy the first 3 Landover books too. Funny stories. If fact, I think his signing of Magic Kingdom For Sale. Sold. was my first signing ever in '86.
          Nice I'll have to read those when I'm done with The Dark Tower series. I'll probably hunt down some 1st's of "The Genesis of Shannara" series next month.

Instagram

Comment

I was never able to track down a 1st/1st os Sword, but I did pickup Elfstones and Wishsong as they came out. THe Elfstones came with a crease on the inside flap of the dust jacket, but otherwise they're as new book. I always go back and forth between selling them and keeping them for th kids, who probably won't want them anyway!!! I did pick up a nf to f of a book club copy of sword, so at least it "looks" like a matching set on the shelf.

The Landover are fun reads, but they're not "serious" fantasy, which I expect you already know.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
              I was never able to track down a 1st/1st os Sword, but I did pickup Elfstones and Wishsong as they came out. THe Elfstones came with a crease on the inside flap of the dust jacket, but otherwise they're as new book. I always go back and forth between selling them and keeping them for th kids, who probably won't want them anyway!!! I did pick up a nf to f of a book club copy of sword, so at least it "looks" like a matching set on the shelf.

The Landover are fun reads, but they're not "serious" fantasy, which I expect you already know.
              Getting a 1st/1st of Sword is a long way off for me. I'm only buying up the cheap ones right now. Sword is a $600 purchase, can't really justify spending that kind of money at the moment. That and I have a lot of much much cheaper stuff I want to buy first.

Instagram

Comment

1. The Passage Signed, by Justin Cronin
                2. The Girl Next Door TP Signed, by Jack Ketchum
                3. Tales of Mystery and Madness (Poe), Signed plate by Gris Grimly
                4. The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, by Washington Irving, Signed plate by Gris Grimley
                5. The Stand 4 and 5 HCs
                6. Tales of Madness and Dementia (Poe), Signed plate by Gris Grimley
                7. The 40th Anniversay Edition of The Exorcist Limited Edition, by William Blatty OOP
                8. Dracula Limited Edition, Signed by 3, OOP
                9. Kin Limited Edition, I forget the guy's name...Patrick somethin'
                10. The Lost DVD, Signed by Jack Ketchum
                11.The Stand 3 Soul Survivors, HC
                12.Just After Sunset by Stephen King, Signed and Dated Trade edition.

There's a couple more but I'm tired of typing

Comment

HPIM1368.jpg
                  Picked these Matheson's up. I Love his autobiographical WWII Novel, The Beardless Warriors. Great book! And I'm always a sucker for Westerns!! Happy Halloween Everybody!!
                  MDH

Comment

Whilst not a super rare, signed, limited edition I have just finished Monsters In The Movies by John Landis. It is not intended to be the definitive text on monster movies but rather a fun, informative collection of some amazing pictures.
                    IMG_0032.jpg

Comment

Inside the front cover
                      IMG_0033.jpg

Comment

And the back...
                        IMG_0034.jpg
                        It also includes interviews with people such as Joe Dante, Christopher Lee, David Cronenberg, Sam Raimi, Ray Harryhausen amongst others. A thoroughly enjoyable read.

Comment

Got this one yesterday! Thanks Dan!

It's a fantastic book, I'm glad I picked it up (thanks to everyone on here for the recommendations!)

IMG_4402.jpg

Comment

Enjoy it, Pete. I did! Congrats!
                            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
                              Whilst not a super rare, signed, limited edition I have just finished Monsters In The Movies by John Landis. It is not intended to be the definitive text on monster movies but rather a fun, informative collection of some amazing pictures.
                              I've been looking at this one on Amazon a couple of times -It's one I'll be getting for sure.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                                Got this one yesterday! Thanks Dan!

It's a fantastic book, I'm glad I picked it up (thanks to everyone on here for the recommendations!)
                                Yes, it's a wonderful book. One of the best on King.
                                Enjoy, Peter.

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X