Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Oooo, thanks for the heads-up, will have to add this to my next order…I always need more KEW in my life.
    Be aware, it is full of sadness. Read the David Drake interview.....

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

Be aware, it is full of sadness. Read the David Drake interview.....
      Yes, my Carcosa / KEW feature for Centipede’s WEIRD FICTION REVIEW had a long interview with Drake, and he wasn’t one to mince words.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Yes, my Carcosa / KEW feature for Centipede’s WEIRD FICTION REVIEW had a long interview with Drake, and he wasn’t one to mince words.
        He mentioned his Parkinson's....

Comment

He mentioned his Parkinson's....
          Drake or KEW? Sad, regardless, really a tragic, tough disease…and, no, that didn’t come up in my interview.

Comment

Drake or KEW? Sad, regardless, really a tragic, tough disease…and, no, that didn’t come up in my interview.
            Yeah, Drake. You can tell he is angry at Wagner but also himself, which can be a natural emotion as we get older and look back at our younger selves.....

Comment

Yeah, Drake. You can tell he is angry at Wagner but also himself, which can be a natural emotion as we get older and look back at our younger selves.....
              That’s really unfortunate to hear. Dave and I had a good deal of communication a few years ago while I was preparing that WFR article, and so it’s sad to hear of his recent (ish?) struggles with Parkinson’s. I’ll certainly need to pick up that article…thanks again for the heads-up.

Comment

Not a holy grail or anything, but I just bought some new cookware for home. Our current cookware will be 9 years old in January - I'm SURPRISED that this set has last as long as it has, especially considering it's a non-stick set.

This last week I've been obsessing over stainless steel and there's so many options and even more opinions. What to buy?

I just settled on grabbing a set from Misen. Kept stressing about maybe All-Clad, but at more than twice the price, and fairly strong reviews for Misen, I just couldn't do it.

Fingers crossed it works out!

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                  Not a holy grail or anything, but I just bought some new cookware for home. Our current cookware will be 9 years old in January - I'm SURPRISED that this set has last as long as it has, especially considering it's a non-stick set.

This last week I've been obsessing over stainless steel and there's so many options and even more opinions. What to buy?

I just settled on grabbing a set from Misen. Kept stressing about maybe All-Clad, but at more than twice the price, and fairly strong reviews for Misen, I just couldn't do it.

Fingers crossed it works out!
                  Not familiar with Misen but I hope they work well for you. I have a few All-Clad items and though expensive they are great quality. My cookware set was my grandfathers and is probably 40 to 50 years old. It is a stainless set that, while well used, is in great condition. They have absolutely no identifying markings so I have no idea who made them. I am sure someone will be using them long after I am gone.

Comment

My wife is insane for vintage le creuset. As long as a I get a good grilled cheese, I'm good LOL!!

Comment

Some of these I have had for a bit but have gotten way behind in DJ protection. So I sat down today and started catching up on some of the backlog.

DJ Protecting.jpg
                      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

It can get away from you quick if you don't stay on top of it for sure.

Comment

So this arrived today - not a book - but still pretty fun
                          IMG_6340.jpg

Comment

Who is the CD from? Cool getting anything signed from an artist.

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                            So this arrived today - not a book - but still pretty fun
                            IMG_6340.jpg
                            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Taylor Swift
                              I'm the Caretaker of Room 217. I've always been the Caretaker of Room 217.

Comment

mulleins got it - Taylor Swift (not that it was supposed to be a mystery . . .)

Comment

Working...
                                X