X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    After a mix up at the post office, this beautiful book arrived today:
    IMG_5593.jpg

I really love this series has turned out and it looks great next to its matching friends:
    IMG_5594.jpg
    (The angle makes it appear as if Speaker is a tad shorter - Jerad even asked me about it. I double-checked and it's the same size as the others.)
    That's a nice looking set! I will forever be jealous of those that were able to snag a copy of Ender's Game when it was offered.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

That's a nice looking set! I will forever be jealous of those that were able to snag a copy of Ender's Game when it was offered.
      Ender's Game was my first purchase from Centipede. I once had three copies of that edition at home. (My first two had some glue issues so the pages were kind of a mess.)

A buddy of mine always curses me in a friendly manner whenever I just happen to mention to him Ender's Game.

Comment

Hi Folks,
        I stopped in over at Thunderstorm Books and pre-ordered the new Ron Kelly Book.
        https://thunderstormbooks.com/thunde...bies-mojo-men/
        Looks right up my alley!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
          Hi Folks,
          Looks right up my alley!
          It looks like a fun read. I’m counting my pennies to see if I can’t scrounge up enough for a copy. All their newly posted books look like solid reads. I’m in for CROSSROADS by Hightower as I’ve been collecting the Tempest line and heard some high praise for the book.

Comment

Hi Folks,
            Looks right up my alley!
            I haven't decided yet if I'm going to commit to that five-book series or not. It sounds great -- weird western of a quest-type saga -- and I've always enjoyed Ronald Kelly's work (and it's exciting to see him back in the game full force with new novels), but I'm trying these days to be more selective and not fall prey to impulse buys...but this doesn't feel like an impulse, given my long history with Ron's work, stretching back decades, and if this doesn't fall under the selective banner, I don't know what would. I'll probably crack before the Oct. 1st deadline.

It looks like a fun read. I’m counting my pennies to see if I can’t scrounge up enough for a copy. All their newly posted books look like solid reads. I’m in for CROSSROADS by Hightower as I’ve been collecting the Tempest line and heard some high praise for the book.
            I finally read this one a month or so ago, after hearing all the praise and finding the storyline very intriguing (parental/emotional horror), but it just didn't click with me. I ended up giving my copy away in a Twitter drawing. Don't judge by me, though...the novella has a lot of fans. Sometimes, for whatever reasons, books just don't click with a particular person. Quite frankly, I think my expectations were a bit too high, which likely played into my general disappointment. I will say, though, that I did read it though, all the way to the end (it was not a DNF), hoping I would find something to latch onto, and it just never happened...so at least I gave it a fair chance.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Dang. I have a little time to think on this one but I may need to pass. Bad timing as my better half is transitioning to a new field (after 20 years in the current one) and things may be a little tighter than normal.

Hi Folks,
              Looks right up my alley!
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                Dang. I have a little time to think on this one but I may need to pass. Bad timing as my better half is transitioning to a new field (after 20 years in the current one) and things may be a little tighter than normal.

If it helps any, Paul said in the video that it’s planned to be a five books over three years, so at least that $500 investment is spread over 36 months.

Comment

Thanks. I did not have that info. I was wondering how many and anticipated schedule.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

If it helps any, Paul said in the video that it’s planned to be a five books over three years, so at least that $500 investment is spread over 36 months.

Comment

Congrats, Jason on the puppy! She's gorgeous! I had a black lab named Midnight as a kid. One of the best dogs I've ever owned. She was the mascot of our little neighborhood gang and would follow us to the ends of the earth all summer long.

Comment

Not a book but I like it anyway.

Dia Full Shelfie.jpgDio Close up.jpg

Comment

That's great. Excellent shelf by the way.

Mulleins
                        I'm the Caretaker of Room 217. I've always been the Caretaker of Room 217.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                          Congrats, Jason on the puppy! She's gorgeous! I had a black lab named Midnight as a kid. One of the best dogs I've ever owned. She was the mascot of our little neighborhood gang and would follow us to the ends of the earth all summer long.
                          Thanks Brian!

Our last dog, Olive, was also a black lab. I'm completely biased, but they are the best dogs.

Comment

Got a new Lansdale collection in today - not signed, but is numbered - 180 total copies.

Sadly, no copyright information so it's hard to know what's new and what's reprinted (and from where.)

It's a nice little collection.

Apache Witch
                            IMG_6087.jpgIMG_6088.jpg

Comment

Received a couple books from Brian A. Hopkins today. One is a collection of his fantasy short stories (Road's End) and the other is a collection (Voices in the Darkness) with his novella "La Belle Epoque,". I am looking forward to reading them both.

IMG_20211021_171223.jpg

Comment

Something a little unusual for me: I picked up the I AM LEGEND Suntup giclée print a week or so ago, and it now hangs proudly in my office. Very pleased with it, one of my all-time favorite books...I'll post up pictures on Twitter sometime next week.

EDIT: Decided to post it this morning instead…pics here:
                                https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...143859200?s=21
                                Last edited by RonClinton; 10-23-2021, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X