Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Here's the UK equivalent of the McConaughey book. I wanted this edition due to the sprayed edges. It's not signed though.

IMG_5745.JPG

It has a full size dustjacket as well.

Comment

Did the B&N not have a full jacket? I know you posted but don't recall.

Comment

Did the B&N not have a full jacket? I know you posted but don't recall.
        The B&N dust jacket is about an inch and a half shorter than the book.

Comment

Here's the UK equivalent of the McConaughey book. I wanted this edition due to the sprayed edges. It's not signed though.

IMG_5745.JPG

Your post made me curious if they had a signed edition in the UK. Turns out Waterstones will be doing one but it is not yet available.
          https://www.waterstones.com/book/gre.../9781472283375

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Your post made me curious if they had a signed edition in the UK. Turns out Waterstones will be doing one but it is not yet available.
            https://www.waterstones.com/book/gre.../9781472283375
            Good looking out. I ordered the one about via their newsletter. Not sure how I'll feel about needing the signed copy. If it has the sprayed edges, maybe.

That's odd about the B&N jacket. Can't recall that I've seen that done before.

Comment

Good looking out. I ordered the one about via their newsletter. Not sure how I'll feel about needing the signed copy. If it has the sprayed edges, maybe.

That's odd about the B&N jacket. Can't recall that I've seen that done before.
              I have seen books with this type of jacket before but it has been a long time. Never liked and still don't. I do not need another copy but I believe this one is identical to yours but with the signature. From the description "Signed edition with exclusive green edges".

Comment

I have seen books with this type of jacket before but it has been a long time. Never liked and still don't. I do not need another copy but I believe this one is identical to yours but with the signature. From the description "Signed edition with exclusive green edges".
                Ah, that's what I get for not reading into it further. But we all know I'm better at listening

Comment

Ah, that's what I get for not reading into it further. But we all know I'm better at listening
                  I assumed you were blocking it out to avoid the temptation to buy another copy.

Comment

I assumed you were blocking it out to avoid the temptation to buy another copy.
                    Yes, yes, that's what I was doing . Knowing me, I'll probably purchase the signed copy and try to peddle the other copy on eBay for a few bucks.

Comment

So here's my newest toy that I picked up yesterday . . .

20201126_000232296_iOS.jpg20201126_000239430_iOS.jpg

(The angle is rough - it's hard to take a picture of a beastly knee brace by yourself . . .)

Back in October, I went hiking and experiences some of the most excruciating pain in my knee that I've ever felt (I've struggled with a knee issue for quite a few years - that's another story.) It was so bad I was legitimately worried that I wouldn't be able to get back down off the mountain safely. Plus, my wife is in Arizona helping her grandmother, so while I have two hiking partners, I was pretty alone. I never said a word to anyone, and eventually got down.

But I was hurting! Bad. I could barely walk or stand but still went to work. And hobbled around like crazy.

I found a sports doctor to go to up at CU Boulder (the last time I dealt with a knee issue was about 12 years ago and was told there was nothing medically wrong with me and they refused to do anything . . . ) Got xrays done, and they did an MRI, and I was so afraid they were going to tell me that nothing was wrong with me and to just buck up about some pain.

Well, something was wrong (I'm the weirdo who's relieved something IS wrong because it explains that what I'm experiencing isn't all in my head) - I have arthritis in my left knee cap (which oddly enough isn't bugging me) but the big issue is that I have extreme degenerative cartilage on the lateral side of the left knee. Hence all the pain.

I had dozens of options (meanwhile my wife is freaking out because she's automatically assuming surgery and I'm at home by myself . . .) so I elect to do a series of knee injections (did you know that hyaluronic acid is made from rooster combs? Now you do . . .) and get this custom unloader knee brace.

Going to have to start waking up earlier just to get this thing on, and I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to wear pants . . .

"Luckily" my deductible is filled this year so this won't cost me too much (a $9000 ER visit will do that for you.)

Comment

On the plus side, it looks like something out of Robocop, so there’s that.

Glad you got it diagnosed and are on your way to hopefully a non-surgical solution. Good luck, and get better.
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Anything RoboCop is a plus in my book.

I have one more round of shots and still doing PT, so hopefully I'll be back to running again by the first of the year. Planning on walking down to Starbucks here in a bit which will be a good trial for a long walk. I just know running is going to be strange with this thing . . .

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                          On the plus side, it looks like something out of Robocop, so there’s that.

Glad you got it diagnosed and are on your way to hopefully a non-surgical solution. Good luck, and get better.

Comment

I'm recovering from knee replacement surgery, had it October 4th. My suggestion don't dick around, get the surgery. Not even 2 months in and I'm a hundred percent better. Both of my knees were shot with arthritis due to service connected injuries. I'm 63, I have suffered through my knee issues since my 40s. Don't wait, get the replacement as soon as you can. Knee 1.jpg

Comment

Since Covid, pants aren't required anymore, Jason so you're good to go

Comment

Since Covid, pants aren't required anymore, Jason so you're good to go
                                Since I go into the office every day, I'm not sure if I can get away without pants. BUT I have a medical reason! I wonder if I can get a note from my doctor "Jason is hereby excused from ever wearing pants again."

So far after wearing the brace for about two days, I don't notice it doing anything while on, but I can definitely tell it was doing something when I don't wear it.

Comment

Working...
                                X