No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two from Subterranean, The Terror, and Club Dumas.

Comment

I purchased "The Little Sisters of Eluria' in Bound hardcover, Joe Hills One shot "The Cape" comic,as well as his 1st installment of "the Cape" arc, My 7th signed Joe hill Book" ;this one being "The multi-storied "The Keys to the Kingdom with A Lock Drawing on the multi key page "COOL",Inscribed "Locke on". One more and I'll have 8 books including the WHOLE "Locke and Key Set;of five Arcs All, signed Two personally inscribed to me.I picked up for 5 bucks a perfect hardcover of The "First Edition of Short stories" -I Shudder at your Touch" Featuring Stephen King. A perfect hardcover Edition of "The Dead Zone "with acid free cover,and a well kept copy 1972 First edition Hardcover bookclub ,Large Thin version of of "Carrie"(the edition photographed on the Stephen King Website.) I have been Finding some great old Hardcovers in Perfect Condition trawling EBAy ,-boy- it Pays off sometimes.Next i will purchase -when it comes up for sale "The Wind Through the Keyhole" "Artist's Edition" and 11/22/63 from "The overlook Publishers-Nice Slipcase or Cemetery Dance -I have to spread whatever wealth I can to small publishers-it is KA- I'll have enough to read until it is banned "for shipping rate reasons or some green law about paper". Those Kindles,and Nooks are really bothering me. You know I'll buy "81", but i am a Completist-I must go on. I'll buy it collected in book form or Audio Book when it's released and you know it will. all bases must be covered. Well I have been stocking up for the winter and the rest of this Scorcher-beautiful day in Long Beach-Cicadas ,shrill lets me know it is "interesting 'and "odd" to be alive. Keeping A NICE garden -Very green on the deck in my Crows Nest Sanctum Sanctorum. I love it.
      High up in the trees with the sunlight it is like a little bubble of heaven. Life on life's terms "Long Days and Pleasant Nights" Thankee-ya big big Ya Big ,Big".Forum Bibliophiles.

Comment

HPIM1338.jpg
        Really a great book!

Comment

Looks really smart!

Comment

Masques 3
            Crossroads of Twilight

Both are 1st editions. I went on an eBay purge and started building back up my Robert Jordan collection. I had an ex take most of them, it sucks!!! I currently have 7 of them and like 3 more on their way. The first one is sooooooo expensive nowadays though.

Comment

Lord of Chaos - Jordan
              Weed Species - Ketchum CD lettered
              She Wakes - Ketchum CD limited
              Masques illustrated book 1 and 2
              The Woman - Ketchum and McKee Infernal House limited, this book is huge. The traycase is about the size of 2 standard hardbacks turned sideways and placed spine to spine.

Comment

Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
                The Woman - Ketchum and McKee Infernal House limited, this book is huge. The traycase is about the size of 2 standard hardbacks turned sideways and placed spine to spine.
                I was tempted with this one, it looked spectacular; alas, I'm not there yet...

Here are my latest:
                PICT.jpg

Timber Gray & Cumberland Furnace by Ronald Kelly (unsigned TPBs from Bad Moon)
                Little Siters of Eluria/The Gunslinger--Artists Edition 3064/4000

Just ordered some slipcases for DT IV-VII from DMG.
                Last edited by srboone; 08-23-2011, 10:21 PM.
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Great catch!

sk

Comment

Thanks, Siep. How was your vacation?
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Is that a 1st printing of 'Better than Home'???

Comment

Unfortunately it's the 2nd. I picked all of this on ebay for right around $30 total (except for the Malicious Deviance which I bought from Amazon, as I did the cover artwork for that one). This one seller had tons of Joe Hill stuff, and I missed most of the bids. Signed 1st limiteds were selling for around $30-40 or so. The 1st print of this sold for $12 I believe. It was a bidding frenzy for what I could go for.
                          Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

DSCF0099.jpg51dyqrJ209L__SL500_AA300_.jpg

I know what you're thinking: Why would this be important in a dark suspense/horror/fantasy collector?

Well, these two titles were written by...Ronald Kelly!

Maybe you already knew that (I'm pretty slow sometimes...). I received the first one today, the second one is (obviously) a stock fotergraf.
                            Last edited by srboone; 08-15-2011, 09:41 PM.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Never heard of Ronald Kelly. Is he worth checking out?

sk

Comment

CD published an anthology of his short ficiton in 2009, Midnight Grinding. The CD published Hell Hollow in 2010. He writes "Southern Horror"; and he's terrific with southern dialects and settings; when he ventures out of the South, he can become trite, but I like his writing. MG is one of my favorite CD books that I own--from an entertainment perspective.

His website says CD will publish his new novel A Dark & Bloody Ground in 2012--though Dan or Brian won't comment.
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X