Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Beautiful. I’m chagrined to say I don’t own any Charnel House Books. Almost picked up THE NEW NEIGHBOR back in the day, but never did. They did (do?) lovely books.
    I have that one. It's up on eBay pretty regularly for $100 to $150 if you still want to get it. Hell, a recent copy went for less than half that.

Comment

Yesterday, the mailman brought me CD's edition of A Head Full of Ghosts.

This is my first book from their Graveyards line, and it's a beauty. I'm not normally a fan of this style of book (the Easton Press books are not attractive to me) but you know what, this thing is pretty nice looking. Completely different than SST's version, but still gorgeous in its own way. Great job CD!

IMG_1327.jpg IMG_1328.jpg
      It's so shiny that it's difficult to get a good picture of (well, at least in my kitchen.)

IMG_1329.jpg IMG_1330.jpg

It's a really great looking book, especially for the price paid.

Comment

Thinking Little (and Dan) had the last laugh here:

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

I came to say the same thing! A lot of fun right there.

My boxes came as well. I ordered two of them and got the hardcover of CD Magazine's Joe Hill Special, Dog Days O' Summer, and the screenplays for Viva Las Vegas and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Excellent additions to my library!

Comment

This cracked me up. Well at least Jeff now can read one the the best Bentley Little short stories ever written

Comment

I wish I could say this was intentional, but I didn't touch these grab bags. Also I'm a nice guy and would've avoided Bentley for Jeff... lol
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                This cracked me up. Well at least Jeff now can read one the the best Bentley Little short stories ever written
                That actually makes me feel better about coming across Bentley Little in my house. I may actually read it!

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                I wish I could say this was intentional, but I didn't touch these grab bags. Also I'm a nice guy and would've avoided Bentley for Jeff... lol
                I appreciate it, Dan! I knew the risks when I signed up. And it is a beautiful book.

Comment

I think they are very nice for the price paid also and I'll be collecting all of them.

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                  Yesterday, the mailman brought me CD's edition of A Head Full of Ghosts. This is my first book from their Graveyards line, and it's a beauty. I'm not normally a fan of this style of book (the Easton Press books are not attractive to me) but you know what, this thing is pretty nice looking. Completely different than SST's version, but still gorgeous in its own way. Great job CD! It's so shiny that it's difficult to get a good picture of (well, at least in my kitchen.) It's a really great looking book, especially for the price paid.

Comment

Good story you should give it a try. Of course it is still written in his style which obviously isn't your cup of tea.

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                    That actually makes me feel better about coming across Bentley Little in my house. I may actually read it!

I appreciate it, Dan! I knew the risks when I signed up. And it is a beautiful book.
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                      Good story you should give it a try. Of course it is still written in his style which obviously isn't your cup of tea.
                      I actually don't have a problem with his style. He's a good writer and easy to read. There's just no point to his stories. A writer who's style I can't STAND is CJ Tudor. She recently posted a teaser for her next book on her Twitter account and it featured a snippet of her writing that is exactly the stuff I HATE.

Comment

I actually don't have a problem with his style. He's a good writer and easy to read. There's just no point to his stories. A writer who's style I can't STAND is CJ Tudor. She recently posted a teaser for her next book on her Twitter account and it featured a snippet of her writing that is exactly the stuff I HATE.
                        Here’s a pic of that tweet. 47938E49-F01B-4E5B-9F0B-0459F61B5088.jpg

Comment

Her style definitely took some getting used to in The Chalk Man. I wanted to love the book, but was disappointed by the end. It wasn't a bad book, by any means, but it managed to find an underwhelming answer to each plot thread.

Comment

Here’s a pic of that tweet. [ATTACH=CONFIG]21993[/ATTACH]
                            As much as I hate to do it, I kind of have to agree with you on that tweet. I have read nothing from this author but that paragraph is painful.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              As much as I hate to do it, I kind of have to agree with you on that tweet. I have read nothing from this author but that paragraph is painful.
                              I don't remember it being that bad while reading The Chalk Man. But it was unbearable reading The Hiding Place. The way she writes is annoying. Irritating. Infuriating. It burns my eyes with burning tears that burn. With flames. With painful heat. With scorching fury that sears and scalds and blisters. It's like she stumbles onto an idea and expresses that idea and then words it differently and then writes it with new words and then says the exact same thing again with additional words that all mean the same goddamned thing!

Please, someone take the thesaurus away from her.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                                Her style definitely took some getting used to in The Chalk Man. I wanted to love the book, but was disappointed by the end. It wasn't a bad book, by any means, but it managed to find an underwhelming answer to each plot thread.
                                I had the same reaction to The Chalk Man. I was not a hater by any means but I had no idea why that book was hyped the way it was. That's why I was foolish enough to get The Hiding Place and match my number for The Chalk Man. The Hiding Place was not only loaded with outrageously ludicrous plot twists, you had to hack through tangles of infuriating passages to get to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X