No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I still need a US 1st of that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      How’s the quality of Legionnaire? I’ve been eyeing it but have had no experience with the publisher?
      I finished the Legionnaire last night. I really enjoyed it. In pacing and language it felt very much like an old timey ghost story and I think that's what the Author was going for.

Comment

My reading and even my collecting has taken a quirky reflective turn lately, not exactly sure why. The forum provides me with an interesting contrast, in that we are often talking about the things that are coming out, while I seem to be looking back over my shoulder to see what I’ve missed. Lately I’ve gone back and picked up John M. Ford, Alan Ryan and lastly Les Daniels.
        https://www.tor.com/2019/11/15/tor-b...ublished-work/

http://thecurmudgeonly.blogspot.com/...s-daniels.html

Comment

As I mentioned I tracked down the Les Daniel's Don Sebastian de Villanueva series. The books were extremely reasonable and I was able find several that were signed. The Detective book is really interesting and as a bonus it is signed by Graham Greene. Sorry I don't know why the picture turned upside down LOl!

Les Daniels.jpg
          Det..jpg
          Last edited by mhatchett; 02-09-2020, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
            The Detective book is really interesting and as a bonus it is signed by Graham Greene. Sorry I don't know why the picture turned upside down LOl!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21961[/ATTACH]
            Wow, nice...very jealous! Where’d you manage to snag that one?
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Found a reasonable copy on ABE. Couldn't believe it, the book is just about Fine!

Comment

I received today The Night Doctor and Other Tales: Short Fiction by Steve Rasnic Tem and Blood Secrets by Craig Jones. Both are S/L copies.

Cap
                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

As promised - here are some pictures of how this project turned out.

I struggled with deciding on how to get it framed, but one Sunday afternoon I had a great idea - what if I framed the two paintings together just like they appeared in the book? So that's exactly what I did.
                  IMG_1221-scaled.jpg

Here's the pages as they appear in the book:
                  IMG_0794.jpg

The two original paintings are floating in the frame to make the art pop a bit more, plus since none of the art is obscured, you can still see all of all the bits that were lost when they were printed in the book.

I tried to match the frame with the color of the book's cover - and I think I did a pretty good job of that, especially with the gold elements.
                  IMG_1225-scaled.jpg

This project exceeded my expectations - I really love how this turned out and can't wait to begin hanging up all of my art in my office/den finally. It's only a been a year with bare walls afterall . . .

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                  Back in May, I had the opportunity to grab the original artwork for the letter G painting of The Mouse Guard Alphabet - artwork by Serena Malyon. Each letter of the alphabet featured a painted "spot" illustration, and then a fully painted page of what the letter represented. A is for Aviary. B is for Black Axe, etc.

Here's a poster of all the letters (I grabbed one at ECCC in 2018 that I always forget I have):
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]21843[/ATTACH]

The G was cool because it's the initial of my last name, and I thought it would look really nice framed up.

It never got framed. Which might have been a good thing.

A couple of weeks ago, the accompanying full page page painting was offered for sale, but I had a hard time justifying the price. Well, the other day, the price was lowered quite significantly, and after working with the seller to negotiate even lower, I was able to purchase the painting!

So now I really need to get these two framed because I own the set.

G is for Guardmouse.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]21844[/ATTACH]
                  (The blue tape is just keeping the sleeve closed - it's not on the painting.)

And what it looks like in the book:
                  IMG_0794.jpg

Comment

Looks very nice. Congrats!
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Looks great!!

Comment

It turned out beautifully! The way you had them framed is perfect. Awesome!

Comment

That's a gem!!!

Comment

Very nice — congrats!
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Turned out perfect, Jason! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                                As promised - here are some pictures of how this project turned out.

I struggled with deciding on how to get it framed, but one Sunday afternoon I had a great idea - what if I framed the two paintings together just like they appeared in the book? So that's exactly what I did.
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]21965[/ATTACH]

Here's the pages as they appear in the book:
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]21845[/ATTACH]

The two original paintings are floating in the frame to make the art pop a bit more, plus since none of the art is obscured, you can still see all of all the bits that were lost when they were printed in the book.

I tried to match the frame with the color of the book's cover - and I think I did a pretty good job of that, especially with the gold elements.
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]21966[/ATTACH]

This project exceeded my expectations - I really love how this turned out and can't wait to begin hanging up all of my art in my office/den finally. It's only a been a year with bare walls afterall . . .
                                Where is the David Petersen & Serena Malyon image? I don't see how they fit in or maybe I should say what did you do with the David Petersen & Serena Malyon image? I guess I'm missing something Jason.

Cap
                                Last edited by c marvel; 02-14-2020, 06:57 PM.
                                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X