X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Congrats on the Kelley book. I sold my copy a while back, just knew I wasn't going to be a consistent subscriber of that line (though I did pick up the Wilhelm and the Leiber). Is it really going for that kind of money? Yikes. I wonder if some of those sellers are confusing it with the two-volume MASTERS OF THE WEIRD TALE set, which, yeah, is probably close to $1K these days. Kinda wish I had sprung for that one, but oh well, can't have 'em all.
    Thanks!

The Leiber Masters of Science Fiction is WAY overpriced at $1000. I believe the last few auctions for it went for around $250-ish. The MotWT volume has gotten pricey. A few were floating around a while back, but I haven't seen much lately. One sold a month or so ago on Ebay but it was a Best Offer on a $1500 listing. I'm hoping to find one under $1000. We'll see. I shouldn't have passed on it when it was announced. Maybe I'll get lucky and Jerad will put out a Library of Weird Fiction volume of Leiber's work.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Well, I guess I'm on a Centipede Press roll. I just picked up the James Patrick Kelley Masters of Science Fiction book. I'm not a huge science fiction fan, but like fantasy books, I like to dabble a little. I have the Richard Wilson and Kate Wilhelm volumes, but had missed out on the first two in the series. A signed edition of the Kelley volume came up for $99 and I jumped on it. Six months ago you could pick this up for a little cheaper, but I haven't seen anything recently. Figured this might be the last chance to get it a somewhat decent price.

I still need to track down the Fritz Leiber volume, but everyone is asking insane prices right now. $1000 on Abebooks? Do they think Leiber returned from the grave and signed the limitation page? Yikes.
    Congrats on the Kelley book. I sold my copy a while back, just knew I wasn't going to be a consistent subscriber of that line (though I did pick up the Wilhelm and the Leiber). Is it really going for that kind of money? Yikes. I wonder if some of those sellers are confusing it with the two-volume MASTERS OF THE WEIRD TALE set, which, yeah, is probably close to $1K these days. Kinda wish I had sprung for that one, but oh well, can't have 'em all.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Well, I guess I'm on a Centipede Press roll. I just picked up the James Patrick Kelley Masters of Science Fiction book. I'm not a huge science fiction fan, but like fantasy books, I like to dabble a little. I have the Richard Wilson and Kate Wilhelm volumes, but had missed out on the first two in the series. A signed edition of the Kelley volume came up for $99 and I jumped on it. Six months ago you could pick this up for a little cheaper, but I haven't seen anything recently. Figured this might be the last chance to get it a somewhat decent price.

I still need to track down the Fritz Leiber volume, but everyone is asking insane prices right now. $1000 on Abebooks? Do they think Leiber returned from the grave and signed the limitation page? Yikes.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Congrats — can’t wait to see which title it is!
    Thanks! I’m being rather coy because I normally don’t post anything until it’s in hand and I can include pictures. It’s more fun that way. This time I was too excited to not say at least a little bit of something.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Finally got my hands on a Centipede book I've been looking for! I'll post pictures when it arrives!
    Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Finally got my hands on a Centipede book I've been looking for! I'll post pictures when it arrives!
    Congrats — can’t wait to see which title it is!

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Hi Ron,
    I like old Ghost Stories, reminded me of M.R. James and that ilk lol. I went with the limited because it really is limited, only 100 copies and it was reasonably priced.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Got this from PS Publishing today.
    Please tell me you've read a few of the stories already! I have this exact volume (the limited) in mind to add to my next Camelot order as it gives off that '60s/'70s old-world, R. Chetwynd-Hayes kind of vibe, vintage/modern spooky English stories. But I've never read Aidan Chambers and have no idea if his work is any good. Presumably it must have some worth for PS to devote a volume to it, but is it worth the $$? Maybe I should just get the trade? So: What made you opt for the collection, and why the limited?

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post
    I'm a sucker for those illustrated slipcases. Very nice!
    I've been a little iffy on them. They look cool, but I'm worried about wear and tear, rubbing, etc. A quick aside, it's funny that a slipcase, that by function is meant to protect the book from damage and wear, wounds up being an item that I am worried about getting damage and wear on. Do they make a slipcase for a slipcase? Or will I begin worrying about the condition of my slipcase's slipcase?

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    I'm a sucker for those illustrated slipcases. Very nice!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    I know nothing about this but the illustrations look great!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    I think I found out where all the extra traycases for Biofire went: Camelot has them! So my lettered copy will not have to live in a damaged traycase now.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Unfortunately there just isn't really a home to give these extras. Generally speaking people just aren't interested in a case that doesn't go to their book.
    Oh, I'd have some fun with it. I could use them to make my bookshelf look fancier than it is. Or I could use them to pimp out the presentation on another book that fit.

Or for meta-humor, when available. I have a storage traycase that looks like an Edgar Allen Poe collection amongst my books. But if one were to open the traycase they would find a flask!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X