• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Looks very nice. Congrats!
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    Looks great!!
    Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    It turned out beautifully! The way you had them framed is perfect. Awesome!
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    That's a gem!!!
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Very nice — congrats!
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Turned out perfect, Jason! Congrats!

Thanks everyone. I'm still amazed at how well it turned out.

Serena even replied to my IG post complimenting the framing and appreciating that they're in a good home. Also, when I purchased full the full page painting, I mentioned to the seller that I also owned the small one and promised to send a picture. Which I did, and she responded that the framing was "freaking awesome" and if she framed them that way, she would have never sold them.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
      Where is the David Petersen & Serena Malyon image? I don't see how they fit in or maybe I should say what did you do with the David Petersen & Serena Malyon image? I guess I'm missing something Jason.

Cap
      There are a few pictures in the post - the paintings are done by Serena Malyon (a mouseguard with sword, and the smaller mouse with G) and the words/poem are by David Petersen. The art is from an alphabet book, so the framing of the originals match the book.

without the pictures, none of it makes sense.

Comment

I agree with the sentiments expressed. Fantastic art with the perfect presentation. I know how important Mouse Guard is to you and am so glad you have been able to add this to your home!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          I agree with the sentiments expressed. Fantastic art with the perfect presentation. I know how important Mouse Guard is to you and am so glad you have been able to add this to your home!
          Thank you! I appreciate that quite a bit.

Comment

Stumbled upon a collectible that I wasn't aware existed - a special Crazy Bricks LEGO Mouse Guard figurine - exclusive to BrickCon in 2015.

IMG_1277.jpg IMG_1278.jpg

And related - there is a new Kickstarter from Crazy Bricks for 13 (!!) custom LEGO figurines. I really wanted them, but it seemed a bit silly (dare I say, ridiculous?) to spend over $200 on these things, but my wife said "Do it!" and who am I to argue with the wife. Plus after seeing this little guy, I'm super excited to have the rest of them in my collection.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
              Stumbled upon a collectible that I wasn't aware existed - a special Crazy Bricks LEGO Mouse Guard figurine - exclusive to BrickCon in 2015.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21978[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]21979[/ATTACH]

And related - there is a new Kickstarter from Crazy Bricks for 13 (!!) custom LEGO figurines. I really wanted them, but it seemed a bit silly (dare I say, ridiculous?) to spend over $200 on these things, but my wife said "Do it!" and who am I to argue with the wife. Plus after seeing this little guy, I'm super excited to have the rest of them in my collection.
              Great find, congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21978[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]21979[/ATTACH]

I took a look at the Kickstarter and I agree with your wife. This is something that you would forever regret passing on.

Comment

I bought THE BEST OF ELIZABETH BEAR, Sub Press S/L HC, this morning from Amazon...it’s a book I’ve been giving a lot of thought to, and I happened to see today that Amazon had it for almost 40% off, so sprung for a copy. A bit of an impulse, but a relatively considered one. I have Prime, so it’s scheduled to arrive tomorrow.
                  Last edited by RonClinton; 02-23-2020, 06:10 AM.
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Cool stuff, Jason!

Comment

I bought THE BEST OF ELIZABETH BEAR, Sub Press S/L HC, this morning from Amazon...it’s a book I’ve been giving a lot of thought to, and I happened to see today that Amazon had it for almost 40% off, so sprung for a copy. A bit of an impulse, but a relatively considered one. I have Prime, so it’s scheduled to arrive tomorrow.
                      Not something I am familiar with.

Comment

Ooh, you've inspired me! I was on the fence about that collection, but saving nearly 40% decides it.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          Not something I am familiar with.
                          I’m not very familiar with her work, either, but the sheer variety of the stories in this collection sounded intriguing and was distinctly less SF than some of Sub Press’ other BEST OF collections of SF masters, so thought I’d give her a try. Picked it up earlier today, and though as usual there was no packing material it arrived miraculously in pristine condition.

Comment

I’m not very familiar with her work, either, but the sheer variety of the stories in this collection sounded intriguing and was distinctly less SF than some of Sub Press’ other BEST OF collections of SF masters, so thought I’d give her a try. Picked it up earlier today, and though as usual there was no packing material it arrived miraculously in pristine condition.
                            I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

Comment

I just got my copy of Ellison Under Glass, published by Charnel House. A beautiful book. I only went for the $200 version

Ellison_Under_Glass_sm.jpg

Comment

Beautiful. I’m chagrined to say I don’t own any Charnel House Books. Almost picked up THE NEW NEIGHBOR back in the day, but never did. They did (do?) lovely books.

Comment

Working...
                                X