No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally gotten my painting by Alex McVey and IT artwork back from the framer, sorry for the poor quality pics!

Comment

Love it, Tom.
      These are absolutely gorgeous!

sk

Comment

Thanks Siep, i know have the nice problem of finding some wall space for them!

Comment

Wow! They're stunning, Tom. And it would be ashame not to find space for the painting. It's beautiful!
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Just received my s/l copy of Subterranean Press "Tales of Dark Fantasy 2". Bought it mostly for the Joe Hill tale.
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Really wonderful artwork Tom - I'm really, really, really envious of the IT artwork (particularly with my clown fetish)

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                (particularly with my clown fetish)
                I can just see it now...."ok, baby...oh yeah...yeah, don't forget the big red shoes....that's it..."

Comment

My newest, the UK proof of 11.22.63, front:

And the back:

Interestingly, this is numbered with a number that indicates many more than 70 (which Lilja posted) were published. Because H&S has indicated they will take measures against people selling these before the release of the book, I'm not disclosing the number.

Also, each page of this proof is overprinted with a statement "Embargoed Hodder & Stoughton". I've never seen this before.

John

Comment

Big congrats John, I can't wait to read it!

Comment

DSC00402.jpg

This is my newest acquisition. Never heard of the author before, but it sounded interesting and has good reviews, including a starred review from PW. Unfortunately the author was killed before this book ever came out
                      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                      Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]528[/ATTACH]

This is my newest acquisition. Never heard of the author before, but it sounded interesting and has good reviews, including a starred review from PW. Unfortunately the author was killed before this book ever came out
                        Wasn't he part of the NYPD auxiliary police force and killed while on duty? The name rings a bell...

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
                          My newest, the UK proof of 11.22.63
                          Awesome, John! Congratulations - again!
                          I'm sure you must have finished the book by now. I'd love to hear your verdict!

sk

Comment

Yep, you are correct. He was killed March 14, 2007. Was shot in the neighborhood he grew up in and died that night in the hospital he was born in. A gunman crossed Nick and his partner's path and they tried stopping him. They chased him and were both shot and killed, Nick was shot 6 times (1 bullet stopped by a vest he had to buy himself) and his partner was shot once in the head. They were both unarmed since they were in the auxiliary force.
                            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                            Spoiler!

Comment

That is just horrible...

I hope that the book sells well!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]528[/ATTACH]

I read that a few months ago and really enjoyed it. It was meant to be the start of a series but sadly, the author's life was cut short.
                                Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places. - H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

Working...
                                X