No announcement yet.

Post Your Latest Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over 7 weeks, 8-10 emails and 2 shipments later, I finally received my Myths of Greece and Rome! I'm pretty happy with this little set:

20140621_161626.jpg
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Nice!

John

Comment

I collect old children's Halloween books. this is my latest find, a school reader published in 1941.
        IMG_0350.jpg

Comment

That looks to be in beautiful shape for 70+ years old. For a fraction of that time, even. Cool!
          -John Barth

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

The kids book is pretty cool, I think collecting them is a fab idea.
              If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

Thanks John.

After reviewing Chiliad: A Meditation, I felt I needed a copy. THE copy. It's such a complex, dark work... I believe I read somewhere that Mr. Barker calls this his darkest.

Anyway, arrived today! And I owe a loanshark named Boots McPhat three wishes.

20140625_180232.jpg
                -John Barth

Comment

First time I've posted to this thread. I just received the PS Publishing hardcover edition of Sleep, Pale Sister and thought it was absolutely beautiful, so I wanted to share.

Comment

That is a stunning book, thanks for posting it!
                    Originally posted by Plasticine View Post
                    First time I've posted to this thread. I just received the PS Publishing hardcover edition of Sleep, Pale Sister and thought it was absolutely beautiful, so I wanted to share.

Comment

sk

Comment

Gorgeous box! I like what the post office did with the tape decor.

Comment

There was even something inside....

Comment

Lovely blue bubblewrap. I've never seen blue before.

Comment

You're teasing, Siep. What are those big books?
                              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Ok, ok, time for the reveal:

Comment

Working...
                                X